Today's lesson in Irony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any government handout is subject to abuse. All were started with the intent to assist those in need for a period of time.

To all of you that have used your knowledge to use a tax loophole to reduce your total contribution: you just accepted your own tax payer funded hand-out. Feel proud?

Tarring people is messy business; if you want to be clean, stay away from the brush.

Did I not explain myself ? Did I not say that there ARE those who legitimately need and deserve this help ? Did I not mention that I was referring to the ABUSE of the system ? Of course the military folks, and the WORKING poor, the disabled, and families with children who TRY TO HELP THEMSELVES should receive assistance. I am talking about those who ABUSE the system. Those with an entitlement mentality, who are able but not willing to work. I am talking about the healthy, otherwise employable people who would rather look for the next handout than look for a job. And yes, I agree that the leaks in federal spending are a larger problem, but that was not the topic I was commenting on.
FYI-I have family members receiving food stamps, and rightfully so- they are "working poor"- working hard at low-paying jobs, but they are trying to better themselves

Originally Posted By: shDK
Who deserves to starve?

The deadbeat driving the ghetto fab Escalade that weights 300 lbs buying filet mignon on my dime.

Originally Posted By: cashmoney
You need to be standing in checkout line when one of these parasites is buying shrimp, steak, high priced frozen prepared entrees and paying with your hard earned money (via "food stamps") when your cart has generic corn flakes, cans of tuna, some peanut butter, a lb of ground beef, and a loaf of bread. Witness that scene a few times (because it happens a thousand times a day) and maybe you will get a new appreciation for the food stamp crowd.

What we need to do next time we're in line behind a food stamp queen,is look at them when they're getting ready to carry our (their) groceries out and say to them,"You're welcome".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back