99% IPA (isopropyl alcohol)will it damaged spark p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I will like to know if anyone that have use isoHEET water in tank/fuel system removal or equivalent 99.5 % Isopropyl alcohol on every tank fill, with the recomended isoHETT dose, have had any problems with it damaging or wearing the spark plugs faster than usual ?

Replies most apreciated thanks !

But why on earth would you do it? Most fuel is ten percent ethanol anyway.

Dry gas sales here have not been hurt by the inception of E10.....people just dont know,and dont seem to care.And yet they complain about the alky content...

Right, here in Costa Rica none of the gasolines have any ethanol on them. There is no E10 here. The relative humidity of the outside, the weather, can easily be between 85 and 100 percent most of the year round. There can easily be water and moisture build up in the gasoline and in the fuel tank, fuel lines and fuel system. I will like to fight this issue by using 99.9% purity Isopropyl alcohol, on every tank on a recomended dose from the isoHEET product, which is the same. There is no problem like with cold weather like, of freezing fuel lines, but corrosion of the fuel tank and fuel lines, as well as not such rich mixture can happen, because of bad gasoline and bad handling of it.

Last edited:
Use 1/2 bottle of ISO heet to a full tank of gas. The ISO heet can burn engine valves when used to liberally. It will absorb & burn off any water in the tank. If you run 1/2 bottle through every 3rd tank of gas you will get all the water out. To prevent moisture accumulation keep your tank full as much as possible.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
But why on earth would you do it? Most fuel is ten percent ethanol anyway.

E10 contains up to:

• 10% Ethanol
  • 3% Methanol
  • 10% Isopropyl alcohol
  • 15% Isobutyl alcohol
  • 15% Tertbutyl alcohol
  • 22% Ether
  • ...53% 'gasoline' (still 'up to')

Source,

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyMerrill
Even 'Ethanol-free' premium gasoline contains up to:
  • 5% Ethanol
  • 3% Methanol
  • 10% Isopropyl alcohol
  • 10% Isobutyl alcohol
  • 7% Tertbutyl alcohol
  • 15% Ether
  • ...53% 'gasoline'

Source

Frightening! But those are all Maximums. I would be shocked if every one of those ingredients was maxed-out. I also wonder if US gasoline is any better or worse than this German spec.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Frightening! But those are all Maximums. I would be shocked if every one of those ingredients was maxed-out. I also wonder if US gasoline is any better or worse than this German spec.

Frighting? Did you think that gasoline was 99.9+% octane?

And according to those sheets, that is an oxygenated blend (if blended as listed). You are making an incorrect assumption if you consider that an analysis of any particular gasoline being sold.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

Frighting? Did you think that gasoline was 99.9+% octane?

Given the number of posts I've written about Ethanol content in US gasoline, that is a bizarre assertion.

And according to those sheets, that is an oxygenated blend (if blended as listed). You are making an incorrect assumption if you consider that an analysis of any particular gasoline being sold.

I am not making any incorrect assumptions. In fact I was the one that pointed out those percentages were maximums, while it was someone else that assumed they were actual content percentages.

I am not making any incorrect assumptions. In fact I was the one that pointed out those percentages were maximums, while it was someone else that assumed they were actual content percentages.

My comment was not about percentages, it was about the sheet being for an oxygenated fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back