Fuel Additive Titration Video Test - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed that their product won their test. Otherwise, we'd never have seen this video. It's just like Amsoil tests.

I did notice that the Chevron product's reduced percentage might be more effective because you only treat 12 gallons, not 20. And I purchase mine at Costco and it's cheaper, too when you consider the cost per treating each gallon of gasoline.

I did enjoy his fresh out of the box wrinkled lab coat.

This video isn't on their own page for some reason. Many of Wynn's products I believe are very good but I haven't been able to find any real testing or comparisons against other brands.

They are iin Oz well and truly.

I used them in the late '90s when I commissioned an MDF factory, and the hydraulic press was contaminated with sea water...5,000 litres of oil volume.

I recommended to the customer that we engage them to put a vacuum dehydrator/fuller's earth trailer on it, they changed the oil instead, and ended up with 10,000 of shagged oil.

The vacuum trailer got the water and salt out, but took the additives too, which they replaced with a transmission addtive in gallon tins.

On questioning, they explained that their hydraulic additive and trans additive were the same, just the latter more concentrated, and better value on a bulk issue like this.

Their roving salesman had a V-8 Commodore, running M1, and they were testing the "oil never wears out" theory...regular sampling and additive top-ups, and no OCIs was three years in at that point, and still powering.

Back to the original post, that's a great video.

So they are saying the only alkaline component of the cleaner is the detergents ?

Next time I get access to a lab it'd be interesting to run some SI-1 through the same process. Simple enough test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back