All brand of HDEO oil with SAE 5w40 and 10w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
As subject,

Could anyone here mention all brand and type of HDEO oil with SAE 5w40 and 10w40?
No matter whether it is ready or not in my place.
I need some references for my high duty passanger car and high sulfur diesel fuel.

Thank you.

Have anyone heard Q8 T800 10w40? it is the kind of HDEO oil too. I am looking for VOA and UOA this oil.

sounds like some local market oil. Definitely a regional product at best. I usually avoid those and try to stick with global brands.

Such as Shell, Castrol, Valvoline, Mobil, etc

Originally Posted By: Rand
sounds like some local market oil. Definitely a regional product at best. I usually avoid those and try to stick with global brands.

Does mobil 1 have 10w40 hdeo oil?

What specifically are you looking for? Note that HDEO doesn't exactly have a universal definition. Are you looking for something with an ACEA E specification and/or API CJ-4 or earlier? If so, you'll probably have more luck with 5w-40 and 15w-40, rather than 10w-40.

Originally Posted By: Garak
What specifically are you looking for? Note that HDEO doesn't exactly have a universal definition. Are you looking for something with an ACEA E specification and/or API CJ-4 or earlier? If so, you'll probably have more luck with 5w-40 and 15w-40, rather than 10w-40.

Thats a good question, actually i am looking hdeo oil that can bear with my car and place condition like high sulphur diesel fuel and EGR still function. My car is high duty means that my car runs more than 3-4 hours almost every 24/7.

I got some Mag1 5w40 through Amazon. Note they have "euro" and "fleet", you'd want the fleet. Not sure how they ship to "INA".

I'm not sure how it'd do with your high sulfur fuel though.

Originally Posted By: nyumski
Thats a good question, actually i am looking hdeo oil that can bear with my car and place condition like high sulphur diesel fuel and EGR still function. My car is high duty means that my car runs more than 3-4 hours almost every 24/7.

Hmmm. I suspect an E7, E9 type lube would be your best bet, with a CI-4 or CI-4+ being very good, with a CJ-4 that meets those ACEA specifications also quite likely able to handle matters. Is there any specification owners' manual recommendation or requirement? That would certainly help narrow things down.

Something like Mobil Delvac 1 5w-40 CI-4+ if available in your area or Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 CJ-4 would be good choices, along with the equivalent products from Mobil's competitors. With any luck, Doug or m37charlie stumble upon this thread, since they have much more experience with HDEOs that no longer appear here and will know much more about sensitive emissions equipment while running high S diesel, and can vet my recommendation.

Q8 is one of the major fuel suppliers in Europe, and have oil products aswell. Larger presence than Mobil or Valvoline or Castrol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jetronic

Q8 is one of the major fuel suppliers in Europe, and have oil products aswell. Larger presence than Mobil or Valvoline or Castrol.

Yes l, now i am using Q8 Formula Excel 5w40 and i think i am a little dissapointed with its performance maybe because it is PCMO and i dont use my car as a passanger car and the diesel fuel condition in my place doesnt support enough the quality of oil.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: nyumski

Hmmm. I suspect an E7, E9 type lube would be your best bet, with a CI-4 or CI-4+ being very good, with a CJ-4 that meets those ACEA specifications also quite likely able to handle matters. Is there any specification owners' manual recommendation or requirement? That would certainly help narrow things down.

Something like Mobil Delvac 1 5w-40 CI-4+ if available in your area or Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 CJ-4 would be good choices, along with the equivalent products from Mobil's competitors. With any luck, Doug or m37charlie stumble upon this thread, since they have much more experience with HDEOs that no longer appear here and will know much more about sensitive emissions equipment while running high S diesel, and can vet my recommendation.

All mobil 1 series that meets 5w40 either is esp, tdt and delvac is really expensive here thats why i am looking another alternative. If there is not 5w40 that value for money, i'll look for 10w40.

Well, there's not much I can do about the expense except say shop around. Here, TDT is very expensive, where as Delvac 1 can be had at a very nice price, since I can obtain it elsewhere. I'm sure there are some suitable 10w-40 oils out there, but I don't know if they'll carry something like an E7, E9 specification. I can't think of any that do here, at least.

nyumski,
are you in Indonesia? If so, can you get Petronas products (from Malaysia) inexpensively?
If so, what about "Petronas Urania 100K?" 10W40
It has a TBN of 15.9, perfect for high sulfur diesel fuel.
According to MB Indonesia has up to 0.3% sulfur (3000ppm).
If you don't have a DPF then you don't need an E9; E4/E7 is perfect. Delvac 1 5W40 (NOT LE/ESP) is also very good.

Charlie

Q8 is NOT "some local market oil". Produced by Kuwait Nat'l oil company, sold worldwide minus N. America

Charlie

Last edited:
Thank goodness you came in here. At least the previous Delvac 1 5w-40 is available elsewhere, which is handy for those who need it. Imperial Oil did not mess around with clearing CI-4+ and older out in a hurry at the CJ-4 rollout, and they didn't even cut prices!

Originally Posted By: m37charlie
nyumski,
are you in Indonesia? If so, can you get Petronas products (from Malaysia) inexpensively?
If so, what about "Petronas Urania 100K?" 10W40
It has a TBN of 15.9, perfect for high sulfur diesel fuel.
According to MB Indonesia has up to 0.3% sulfur (3000ppm).
If you don't have a DPF then you don't need an E9; E4/E7 is perfect. Delvac 1 5W40 (NOT LE/ESP) is also very good.

Charlie

thx charlie for the feedback..

actually i am not sure that kind of Petronas Oil is sold here or not but i will try to reach it since the specs meet my condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back