info from dodge on car i didnt buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run into a few dealers that have tried to pull stunts. When they did I just walked. I now do research the dealers as well as the cars I'm interested in- and I steer clear of the dealers that play games. There ARE good dealers that provide a stress-free buying experience and excellent service, you just have to make the effort to find them.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

I would have immediately told him I want to speak to the dealer OWNER right NOW! I would have explained what happened and asked him what will you do to correct this inexcusable situation so I won't walk out and tell all the people I know NOT to come to this store.
If the owner isn't willing to drastically reduce the cost of the vehicle, and fire that offending individual I walk then and there.

Funny! Dealerships that operate like that, you would not be the first customer rant and raving and demanding to see the owner. The reality is you would probably have been asked to leave and failure to do so would have you threatened with trespass and cops called. At that time, the cops will not care what you have to say and make you leave and to take it up as a civil matter.

Then the next day when you call the "owner", you will get placated with false concern and he will "fire" all involved and shuffle everybody for week and then it goes back to business as usual.

There is a running joke with many in the car sale business when they ask each other how many times they were fired this week with a wink and nod.

Call FCA if you haven't already done so.

When I went to buy my Frontier in January they came at me with a huge monthly payment on that awful 4-square form. I got upset with them and whipped out my phone for the calculator to show what the monthly payment should be. Turns out the payment included a massively overpriced extended warranty. And the warranty was written in marker at the bottom of the form! I told them I wanted a truck, not an extended warranty. He crossed out the hand-written warranty and asked me to sign. I asked that he go print a new form as there was no way I was agreeing to what he put in front of me. Once they understood I wasn't a push-over it went fine.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

I would have immediately told him I want to speak to the dealer OWNER right NOW! I would have explained what happened and asked him what will you do to correct this inexcusable situation so I won't walk out and tell all the people I know NOT to come to this store.
If the owner isn't willing to drastically reduce the cost of the vehicle, and fire that offending individual I walk then and there.

Funny! Dealerships that operate like that, you would not be the first customer rant and raving and demanding to see the owner. The reality is you would probably have been asked to leave and failure to do so would have you threatened with trespass and cops called. At that time, the cops will not care what you have to say and make you leave and to take it up as a civil matter.

Who said "I" would be ranting and raving? After all I was referring to the poster that indicated that a dealer rep raised his voice in anger at the customer...remember that? I would firmly and politely insist that they get the owner or dealer principle as I need to speak to them. If they refused I would simply calmly tell them that neither I, nor anyone I come into contact with will EVER be setting foot in this store in the future. That crooked store may "fire" this customer, but they will also be losing many times that in potential business that I would have sent their way, now only to make sure I tell anyone and everyone I know, including posts on the internet to stay away from "X" store as they are shady crooks and play games.
I'm glad the owner is fine with being fired by thousands of potential customers....how nice.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
If there is an honest car dealer anymore, I haven't seen it. It's all the same thing...extract as much money from the customer as possible.

Yep, rare as hens teeth... There are a few exceptions but they are the literal needle in a hay stack.

There's one that I know of around here but that's it. I go to the same brand dealer 20 mins away and couldn't get a price out of dealer A after 45 mins. Dealer A would tell me to offer a price, any price. When I would give one, they would say that's not high enough offer a higher amount...

Then dealer B asked if I wanted to talk numbers...
Me - ok
Her - gives the numbers which are high.
Me - I give my amount and she returns a few mins later saying ok.

We bought a few cars from dealer B in the past so that probably helped.

The dealers will do what they can to close the sale while you're there, they know if you leave there is very little chance you'll come back so they'll play whatever game they think they need to.

If you know what you're doing, you play the game back and either leave with a good deal or walk.

These days you have all the information available at your fingertips while at the dealer with your smartphone. You also have the option of negotiating via email and not even deal with the games at the dealer.

Every time I see these threads complaining about bad dealers, I'm reminded of the saying "nobody can take advantage of you without your permission". I've met a few bad ones and left. I didn't make a show about it or make any crazy demands about getting people fired. I've bought many cars from a half dozen or so different dealers without issues. Do your homework, and don't be afraid to say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back