2015 Tunda ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shrubitup
I'll contact you next time I'm in the market for a $22,850 full size 4WD crew cab truck.
thumbsup2.gif

Yep -- just as soon as you post your $20,000 invoice and the corresponding Monroney.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Originally Posted By: Shrubitup
I'll contact you next time I'm in the market for a $22,850 full size 4WD crew cab truck.
thumbsup2.gif

Yep -- just as soon as you post your $20,000 invoice and the corresponding Monroney.

Been 8 years now so the memory fades. Found 2007 tax statement. Paid $21,257 for the Titan and then 8.9% sales tax so $1,799 in taxes for a total of $23,056 . Will find invoice later and post it up. So I was off by $1,257.
thumbsup2.gif

Spoke with spouse. She reminded me I paid $1,500 or so for a pre-paid maintenance program that covered all work up to 60K miles (rip off really since truck needed very little P.M. overall during this period). I am not that far off it turns out. Should have that invoice this week. I'll let you know.

my 06 has been a solid and reliable vehicle. it's only at 136k, but myself and the PO tow with it. I change the oil with synthetic every other OCI-light reminder, between 6k-10k depending, and it has not yet needed makeup oil. the trans has benefitted from a spin-on filter, as evidenced by more consistent shifting between hot/cold and over time. Seems to be very well made for as simple as it looks.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
I always find it amusing when Tundra owners like to think their truck is built "like a 3/4 ton."

Please, come off your high horse of humility and tell us why they were wrong to think that?

LOL. OK, do I need to make a full list of reasons or will just a few key reasons work? I own a Silverado half ton and I don't go around saying it is built like a 2500/3500.
First, most 3/4 tons are built on with the most of same components as the 1 ton models. If I compare 2015 models the Chevy 2500 weighs about 1000lb more than the equivalent Tundra as well as the 1500 series. P vs LT tires, number of lug nuts, semi floating vs full floating axle etc.

Both Chevy and Ford have 1/2 tons that they rate higher than the Tundra, basically as heavy half tons.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
LOL. OK, do I need to make a full list of reasons or will just a few key reasons work? I own a Silverado half ton and I don't go around saying it is built like a 2500/3500.
First, most 3/4 tons are built on with the most of same components as the 1 ton models. If I compare 2015 models the Chevy 2500 weighs about 1000lb more than the equivalent Tundra as well as the 1500 series. P vs LT tires, number of lug nuts, semi floating vs full floating axle etc.

Both Chevy and Ford have 1/2 tons that they rate higher than the Tundra, basically as heavy half tons.

Why bother, People believe what they believe. Even IF they are "Built Like a 3/4 Ton", The GVW/GCWR ratings tell a different story, So why have something you cant legally use too it's full potential?

Let me throw my two cents in here. I have a 2011 Tundra Double Cab 4WD with the 5.7 engine. Mine has the TRD package and also the towing package. I think the towing package adds a transmission and external engine oil cooler and 4.30 rear end gears. I have been very happy with mine thus far. When I bought mine I drove them all and liked the Tundra the best, so I purchased it.

As far as believing it is built like a 3/4 ton, I don't fall into that camp. However, when it was introduced it did have a few heavier duty parts than some of the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back