MOBIL Delvac Elite with MOS2 LiquiMolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I target to put Mobil Delvac Elite 15w40 (API SM) in my 5.7 gm block

Can we mix MOS2 LiquiMolly with Delvac full synthetic ?

On AMSOIL website they do not recommand additive oïl, what about Devac Elite ?
thanks

No oil company, including Exxon-Mobil, endorses the use of additives in their engine oil. They try to meet spec requirements, and when you put any additive in there, it could potentially push the resulting witch's brew out of spec for that engine. Like cause more foaming, raise cold viscosity, disrupt detergent function, increase ring deposits, etc., we just don't know.
Most of the time its likely OK, although always a risk.

Delvac Elite 15w-40 isn't full synthetic. Nonetheless, that's beside the point. What are you trying to achieve? My general response to additives is this: If the product you're buying isn't good enough to use and you have to mess around with adding stuff to it, then why are you buying that product in the first place?

In general, additives are a bad idea. If using MOS2, use a half dose so you don't overdo it. Or use a polymer ester at half-dose, like Lubegard Biotech or HyperLube.

You only have 3 month of 15W40 weather left, then you will need a better winter oil.

How many km a month will you put on this vehicle?
If not many, then the cheapest Canadian Tire 15W40 CJ-4 will do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Yannick - It is unwise to add supplementary additives to any well balanced modern formulation engine lubricant. This especially applies to products like the Delvac range which are fully formulated for Commercial/Industrial applications

Doesn't Mobil Delvac Elite 15w40 (API SM) already have moly in it? you just want a booster of shot of moly?

I added a can of MOS2 to my current run T5 in my LX450, but did it because T5 doesn't have any moly to begin with.

If Delvac Elite already has moly in it, then I really don't see the benefit, but like others have said it prob won't hurt anything either.

This is for a boat (seasonal only) It runs 80% of time at 3600rpm, this is why I used hdeo 15w40 T5. Before adding MOS2 Liqui Moly I read a lot of good stuff about it on this site.
As per previous reply on this thread now its not benefit to add it.

Question in which condition MOS2 Liqui Moly additives should be used?

Originally Posted By: Yannick
Question in which condition MOS2 Liqui Moly additives should be used?

Some claim it has fuel economy benefits in passenger cars. I don't know how well that claim would hold up to really rigorous testing, but that is the claim. I believe that's the product's main claim, too.

For the ultimate in engine performance and protection, why not use MOS2 in conjunction with Slick 50, Red Line ZDDP camshaft break-in additive and MMO?

I ran Delvac Elite 15W40 a few times in recent years and did a couple uoa's. Just for fun, here is the add-pack that we can see in a basic analysis...from 2013.

Moly 33

Calcium 1049
Magnesium 566

Phosphorus 758
Zinc 910

Boron
I'll add that I'm currently using Delvac Elite 10W30 and just noticed that it isn't API SM but it is ACEA E9. The Elite 15W40 is SM but not ACEA E9. Just throwing it out there.

Last edited:
You forgot to toss in some LOS, for the full deal.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back