Weird private-label tire names

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
If I guess right Kumho literally mean "Luxury and Beauty" in Korean.

Funny, what a coincidence, it translates into the exact same thing in English, for some of us anyway.

One place you WON'T see these "funny names" is on the unrestricted parts of das Autobahn. Well, you might see bits and pieces.

Wouldn't the Chinese just love to drive US and European tire makers under using their slave labor and thus have another little stranglehold on our economy.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Wouldn't the Chinese just love to drive US and European tire makers under using their slave labor and thus have another little stranglehold on our economy.

Got a wide screen TV? How about a smartphone? Buy your clothes at Target, JC Penny or Kohls, even Sears? Some of the stores may not even get all their clothes from China-but other places that have "slave" labor as well.

You can't get away from Chinese/semi slave labor products!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: HerrStig

Got a wide screen TV? How about a smartphone? Buy your clothes at Target, JC Penny or Kohls, even Sears? Some of the stores may not even get all their clothes from China-but other places that have "slave" labor as well.

No excuse - at least some things people can easily make meaningful consumer decisions that keep industry here.

Your careless and/or defeated attitude is not justification to buy everything chinesium.

Careless....yea right. Your the one with the silly post bashing the Chinese and buying their products at the same time.

It's all too easy to post on a forum. Isn't it?

Last edited:
Careless as in you dont care. Do you? Many on here dont. Is what it is.

Defeated as in many have the opinion that because a lot of things may only be found from elsewhere that we shouldnt care about anything.

Originally Posted By: CKN

Just saying, where there is a choice, and the choices are pretty darn good, shouldnt we be making best effort to select those? Its not always the case, but in tires, first world varieties certainly are.

Thats all Im saying.

Great thing about 3rd world country production: No EPA!! No OSHA!! They get to exploit cheap labor, no regulations, nobody telling them what to do. True freedom. Yay! .... Unless you have a brain and want better for the world.

THIS THREAD IS NOT A DEBATE ON THE MERITS OF CHEAP TIRES! This thread is-solely-for people to post amusing names of off-brand tires.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Great thing about 3rd world country production: No EPA!! No OSHA!! They get to exploit cheap labor, no regulations, nobody telling them what to do. True freedom. Yay! .... Unless you have a brain and want better for the world.

Another useless post............

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
PLEASE STOP TROLLING THE THREAD!

My feelings are hurt!
smile.gif

Last edited:
Friend of mine just picked up a set of Lavingator Catchfors for his Jeep. $150 from the junkyard and they seem to have full tread. Not even two years old.

When he texted me that he bought that specific tire, I thought he spelled something wrong.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Friend of mine just picked up a set of Lavingator Catchfors for his Jeep. $150 from the junkyard and they seem to have full tread. Not even two years old.

When he texted me that he bought that specific tire, I thought he spelled something wrong.

Reminds me of the brands of TV Homer Simpson would consider. (Sorry this clip isn't in English.
wink.gif
)

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: Miller88

Reminds me of the brands of TV Homer Simpson would consider. (Sorry this clip isn't in English.
wink.gif
)

Sounds about right!

I don't feel so bad about putting GT Radial Adventuro and Ice Pro on two vehicles now!

What is a Lanvigator?

And is it "catchfors" or "catch-force"?

Who knows.

At this point, his Lanvigators made in 4613 may be worth more than the Jeep.

Back