Amsoil founder steps down..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have met Al a couple of times through the years. He never would answer any simple technical (non-IP) questions.

I remember at one technical meeting a lot of people got p***d off because he could not or would not answer questions about why they transitioned from di-ester base oils to PAO's.

It amazes me that none of the current mgt. people ever received or went for even a simple B.S. in Chemistry.

Of course, why worry about the technical end of things when you can hire a Schlump chemist?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The_Captain
I guess he left them with the secret formula: 11 herbs and secret spices!

Even the Colonel changed the oil every couple of weeks.

Big Al deserves a well done and a vacation. I'll bet he put in some serious hours.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
It amazes me that none of the current mgt. people ever received or went for even a simple B.S. in Chemistry.

Agreed. It's not that difficult. A double major with math would even be better. We do know that chemists struggle with math otherwise.
wink.gif

I have met Al a couple of times through the years. He never would answer any simple technical (non-IP) questions.

I remember at one technical meeting a lot of people got p***d off because he could not or would not answer questions about why they transitioned from di-ester base oils to PAO's.

Of course, why worry about the technical end of things when you can hire a Schlump chemist?
Pao costs less and works alright. I quit using Amsoil when the 10w30 pcmo added visc improvers.

What's your point? Has nothing to do with this thread.

Well, nepotism is grand thing! Yay for unfair job competition! Noticing Alan Amatuzio, Sr. Al's son, is magically the 'best' person for the job.

Mola's point does have something to do with the thread. He's met the man and gave his assessment. I don't think the thread was opened to start a collection for a gold watch for Al.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Well, nepotism is grand thing! Yay for unfair job competition! Noticing Alan Amatuzio, Sr. Al's son, is magically the 'best' person for the job.

Interesting the son wasn't named the president. Now he has to share the title with another guy. I wonder if his business card will now say, "co-president"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back