Toyota-Lexus Angry Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with Toyota designers ? Most newer vehicles have very angry faces. The 2016 Lexus GS is no different. What do Toyota try to convey their design ?

Originally Posted By: Chris Ziegler-theverge.com
Lexus has been doubling down on its aggressively angry front fascias for the better part of a decade now — it's part of the company's "L-finesse" design language — but this is seriously next level.

If I take any comfort in this GS, it's in the knowledge that this headlight could be a turning point, because I don't know how you refresh it again to make it any more insane. It's just tapped out. The only option left is to reboot.

Please, Lexus. Reboot, before you open a hole to the Lexus Dimension that you can't close.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/14/9154161/i-cant-even-with-the-headlights-on-this-lexus

2016-Lexus-GS200t-102-876x535.jpg

2016-Lexus-GS200t-110-876x535.jpg

Compare Toyota angry faces with 2016 Miata, which one do you like better ?

Yes, a compact 2 seat convertible doesn't directly compete with luxury sedan, but the front end of any vehicle doesn't have to be ugly.

2016-mazda-mx-5-miata-photo-632045-s-1280x782.jpg

Lexus spindle grill design is truly ***** and also very fragile in even a minor front end accident. The Japanese build great cars but their exterior design departments are run by idiots.

Lexus and Acura current designs are so silly bad as to be laughable. Both brands are sadly completely lost in terms of building a beautiful looking car. Infinity has kept its design concept intact and for the most part still builds an elegant looking vehicle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cashmoney
Lexus spindle grill design is truly ***** and also very fragile in even a minor front end accident. The Japanese build great cars but their exterior design departments are run by idiots.

Lexus and Acura current designs are so silly bad as to be laughable. Both brands are sadly completely lost in terms of building a beautiful looking car. Infinity has kept its design concept intact and for the most part still builds an elegant looking vehicle.

Of all Japanese brands I think Mazda is currently has the best exterior styling, front and rear.

Mazda 6 has the best exterior styling of mid-sized sedan in its class, same for Mazda 3, 5 ...

I don't get it on front end styling on newer cars. I settled for a 2012 Camry, instead of a new one for that reason. Still, at that, not great, but what are they thinking??? I miss the chrome, chip proof bumpers though. The front of a 50 Buick looks so much better than what they come up with now!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
I'm interested in a new or used IS, maybe there's an ugly discount.

Because of the purchaser or the car? j/k.

I remember seeing an earlier thread about this. There it was compared to Darth Vader's mask. Looks like an angry crab too with those beady eyes. [censored] ugly.....

I don't like any of the "aggressive, beady eyed, angular styling" at all. You can easily tell these "designers" grew up playing certain video games with the same looks: aggressive, edgy, overdone, over-the-top.

Give me smooth, beautiful curves ANY day! The kind you want to rub your hands on.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
I remember seeing an earlier thread about this. There it was compared to Darth Vader's mask. Looks like an angry crab too with those beady eyes. [censored] ugly.....

I don't like any of the "aggressive, beady eyed, angular styling" at all. You can easily tell these "designers" grew up playing certain video games with the same looks: aggressive, edgy, overdone, over-the-top.

Give me smooth, beautiful curves ANY day! The kind you want to rub your hands on.

Like a Dino 246 GTS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back