Mixing HDEO within that brand? and a couple more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any reason that I couldn't mix, say, Rotella T6 5w-40 and Rotella T 15-40?

Im thinking that perhaps a 50/50 mix in Summer and maybe 75/25 T6/RT for Winter unless I use 100% RT6.

My father always told me to shake an oil bottle before using to reintegrate the components. Any truth to this, or is it an Old Dad's Tale?

Lastly, could someone explain what PAO synthetic oil is and how does it differ from other "synthetic" oil?

This forum contains an incredible amount of info about lubricants for us AR types. I'm very glad I found it!

Thank You in advance for any and all replies!

Last edited:
I've run delo 15w 40 rt6 m1 5w 20 chevron supreme 5w30 mix as a "clean up" run. Not to clean the engine but the garage.
smile.gif

I had a bunch of extra gallons of Rotella T, and I started mixing them with RT6 to use some of them up in my LX450. I can tell you my LX450 has never run better than when I was mixing half RT6 with half Rotella T 15W-40. I'm running RT5 right now in my LX450 and very disappointed with the results. my engine ran a lot better with RT6 / Rotella T mix. I would run that mix with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back