info from dodge on car i didnt buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i was trying to buy the dart and it didn't work out i left and forgot about it. Well ive had countless emails from dodge thanking me for my purchase and giving me the vin number of the car ect to now they are sending me mail with info about my car and thanking me for purchasing it when I never did......anyone have an idea as ti why?

They made a mistake. Either be honest and tell them what happened, or defraud them by applying for the title, registration documents etc and then file an insurance claim on 'your' stolen car

Originally Posted By: ram_man
When i was trying to buy the dart and it didn't work out i left and forgot about it. Well ive had countless emails from dodge thanking me for my purchase and giving me the vin number of the car ect to now they are sending me mail with info about my car and thanking me for purchasing it when I never did......anyone have an idea as ti why?

or check your credit report and make sure identity theft hasn't occurred.

By all means call them and get it sorted out. Auto dealers do make mistakes. During my recent purchase of a certified Cadillac, it took over 3 weeks to get the title documents because my Missouri dealer was unfamiliar with how Kansas titles worked and were waiting on my lender to "provide" them with the title, which is not how it works. In Kansas, all titles are held electronically when a lien is involved and no one actually has it. Point is that I had to call the dealer twice and explain that to several people before they "got it" and released my title papers to me. Funny thing to me was that they had let me have possession of the Cadillac all that time even though they had some "problems" with the title to my trade-in. Didn't make any sense they let me walk out the door with their car if they weren't 100% certain that I owned the car I traded. Point is, again, that dealers make mistakes. You need to get this straightened out as soon as you can.

Originally Posted By: pb

+1 Id be careful about this...

Check those credit reports, So far the last 2 years we have been involved in the Target and Home Depot hacks, my federal employment records are now in China and/or Russia, and someone filed my taxes for me this year. I make all small purchases with cash, and I think the wife is finally on board with that. Once the cat is out of the bag, it is impossible to stuff it back in.

The dealer may have reported a sale in order to qualify for a bonus from corporate. Then afterwards they withdraw the deal. Just a theory.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: pb

+1 Id be careful about this...
Entire hospital record systems have been hacked and, of course, the bureaucrats NEED your driver license and SSN before they allow treatment, so it's all right there to snatch.

Got close to closing a deal in 1994 on a Nissan truck. Decided I didn't want it. Signed one too many forms. Dealer said I couldn't back out now. Told them to keep it that I didn't want it. They said if I didn't pick up the bank would reposes it and ding my credit (back when I feared that). Reluctantly took delivery and then sold it soon thereafter losing $3,000. I don't like car dealers.

I agree with your theory. When I was in the car business the dealership I worked for made a lot of "clerical errors" like that!

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
The dealer may have reported a sale in order to qualify for a bonus from corporate. Then afterwards they withdraw the deal. Just a theory.

You nailed it.

ram_man should contact Chrysler corporate and inform them about this.

I worked at a Honda dealer that did just this, and they were sending the information to their own employees, like me, I thought it smelled and called American Honda Motor and informed them. It was sweet to see the slimy sales mangler have a team of Honda corporate officials show up by surprise and audit the dealer records. Following that the SM and several others resigned before Honda was going to turn them into the state attorney general for fraud.
I told the SM as he was leaving that I was the one that nailed him on their fraud.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ram_man
anyone have an idea as ti why?

As far as I remember, you went pretty far into the purchase process. At that point, the dealer probably already entered all your info and the purchase info into their system, which auto generates this sort of correspondence. They did this in advance, so that all you had to do was just sign on the dotted line, because they were sure you were going to go through with it. And when you backed out, nobody at the dealer bothered to go back and cancel it all out in the system.

Call FCA customer service. They should be able to straighten it out.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Did he make an appropriate face?

I bet he's working in the industry still. Kira

Yes, I thought he had murder on his mind, too bad he didn't attempt it, could have sent him to the slammer, which would have been more satisfying considering the crooked nature of these beasts they never really change.

Originally Posted By: Shrubitup
Got close to closing a deal in 1994 on a Nissan truck. Decided I didn't want it. Signed one too many forms. Dealer said I couldn't back out now. Told them to keep it that I didn't want it. They said if I didn't pick up the bank would reposes it and ding my credit (back when I feared that). Reluctantly took delivery and then sold it soon thereafter losing $3,000. I don't like car dealers.

They should always let you pull out, even after the last signature is put to paper, but before you drive off the lot. With that said, what did you think your signature was for? You literally signed a contract to buy a vehicle.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

They should always let you pull out, even after the last signature is put to paper, but before you drive off the lot. With that said, what did you think your signature was for? You literally signed a contract to buy a vehicle.

Whatevs, I was 23 years old then. Dealers STILL suck.

Whatevs, I was 23 years old then. Dealers STILL suck.

I shouldn't cast stones myself, since I purchased a new car during my senior year of college instead of investing that money or putting it toward some better digs. I did really like that Ford Focus ST, though...until it started having issues, that is.

I've never bought a car from a sucky dealership, though. I've only experienced a few stealership-cliche types. One such fellow banged on the B pillar to prove how solid and safe it was, then smiled the toothiest grin I've ever seen and asked, "are you in love with this car yet!?" It was a base model Jetta TDI..."

Another was a done deal, but told me that I HAD to sign on the dotted line that night or my trade-in would be worth $2k less the very next day. I told them I wanted the car and was going to buy from them, but needed to think on it over night, and would be back the following weekened, at the latest. He was very upset and the finance manager literally turned red in the face, like I had taken them for some sort of loop. That was the FIRST night I'd spent with them discussing terms, not the second, third or 50th.

I reiterated that I did indeed want the car, and that thinking about it was more a formality, but something I needed to do, and he raised his voice at me. As soon as he did this I told him he lost a customer right then and there and THEN came the onslaught of curses and yelling. I was appalled! I ended up buying the same car at another dealer for a little more money. That guy returned tons of emails and spoke with me on the phone and in person about my terms. They couldn't meet them exactly, but it was worth the extra few hundred to not deal with those jerks at Cherry Hill Subaru.

Last edited:

Another was a done deal, but told me that I HAD to sign on the dotted line that night or my trade-in would be worth $2k less the very next day. I told them I wanted the car and was going to buy from them, but needed to think on it over night, and would be back the following weekened, at the latest. He was very upset and the finance manager literally turned red in the face, like I had taken them for some sort of loop. That was the FIRST night I'd spent with them discussing terms, not the second, third or 50th.

I reiterated that I did indeed want the car, and that thinking about it was more a formality, but something I needed to do, and he raised his voice at me. As soon as he did this I told him he lost a customer right then and there and THEN came the onslaught of curses and yelling. I was appalled! .

I would have immediately told him I want to speak to the dealer OWNER right NOW! I would have explained what happened and asked him what will you do to correct this inexcusable situation so I won't walk out and tell all the people I know NOT to come to this store.
If the owner isn't willing to drastically reduce the cost of the vehicle, and fire that offending individual I walk then and there.

^ secret to escaping car dealerships when they get hot under the collar about whatever:

1. Park car OFF the lot somewhere else besides the lot
2. Never give away your only key to your vehicle. They use it against you during the negotiation.
3. Anything starts getting weird.... WALK. Don't explain or apologize. WALK away without words.
4. And last but not least, be careful on what you're signing - LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back