$0.22 each oz after that

so 5oz
$1.37
=
3 stamps

all you clowns putting 6-8 stamps on it are crazy

rancur3p1c out

Last edited:
I've paid $2.80 - $3.00 each at the post office for priority mail - price was also determined by weight.

rancur3p1c, come back! There are a few things you haven't considered!

First, those rates are for First Class letters. Second, those rates only go up to 3.5 oz.

Parcel rates (found on a USPS document at http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/Notice123.pdf) are $2.54 for up to 3 oz., $2.74 for up to 4 oz., and $2.94 for up to 5 oz.

I hope you didn't use a Google postage rate search to decide to slap 3 stamps on your Blackstone sample kit and drop it in a parcel bin.
33.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wirelessF
Where did Blackstone Labs get the $3.14 postage fee?

I took my last sample to the post office in the black Blackstone mailing bottle and asked for the least expensive postage, regardless of transit time. The clerk calculated $3.14.

The postage is $3.14. Been to the post office many times and always ask for the cheapest. Hard to believe they would have gotten this wrong so many times, and that Blackstone would get it wrong too when shipping is crucial to their business.

Last edited:
First Class Mail (package)
5 oz: $2.94
6 oz: $3.14

Priority Mail is more expensive.

There are different First Class rates for letters, large letters, packages, etc. The proper rate for a Blackstone container is "package". Use this link only:

http://postcalc.usps.com

Originally Posted By: CentAmDL650
I've paid $2.80 - $3.00 each at the post office for priority mail - price was also determined by weight.

You paid for First Class Mail. Priority is about double that.

I had my wife mail one for me, she just put it in the mailbox, no postage of any kind in it and they delivered it.

Originally Posted By: Roadkingnc
I had my wife mail one for me, she just put it in the mailbox, no postage of any kind in it and they delivered it.

And the Post Office very likely requested the postage due from Blackstone, and they were nice enough to pay it for you.

Originally Posted By: rancur3p1c
(8/14/2015, google for current rates)
$0.49 for first oz
$0.22 each oz after that

so 5oz
$1.37
=
3 stamps

all you clowns putting 6-8 stamps on it are crazy

rancur3p1c out

You had to use the term clowns didn't you. Now I have Judy Collins playing in my head.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
A wiser member would have posted his "findings' in a more inquisitive way, instead of calling us clowns...

Wiser, and more polite. I might have researched this a bit before calling someone a clown and putting that big size 30 shoe directly into my mouth.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
A wiser member would have posted his "findings' in a more inquisitive way, instead of calling us clowns...

Wiser, and more polite. I might have researched this a bit before calling someone a clown and putting that big size 30 shoe directly into my mouth.

Size 30 shoes!? Ok, so maybe the OP was being literal. I take back what I posted earlier.
13.gif

mine got there a lot slower (1.5weeks) this time than last time (2 days). it's possible USPS automatically stepped me down. It's possible the rate calculation on the scale at the USPS store was for a letter-- I'll check next time I'm up there.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
rancur3p1c, come back! There are a few things you haven't considered!

First, those rates are for First Class letters. Second, those rates only go up to 3.5 oz.

Parcel rates (found on a USPS document at http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/Notice123.pdf) are $2.54 for up to 3 oz., $2.74 for up to 4 oz., and $2.94 for up to 5 oz.

I hope you didn't use a Google postage rate search to decide to slap 3 stamps on your Blackstone sample kit and drop it in a parcel bin.
33.gif

thanks for the feedback. after several months of consideration, I agree with you. I'll try adding more postage next time

google-- actually, it was in their kiosk at the store.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Roadkingnc

I've accidentally done this before myself, lol. Actually, it was a label I printed that had barcode and everything but I forgot to actually apply the postage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back