BITOG trends over the years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on here as long as some of you, but I got a decent amount of posts under my belt, I think, lol.
Some of the trends that I have seen:
FoMoCo Blend was held high for a while.
MMO is God's drool.
GC in all it's greeny goodness..
PYB is still going strong?
Purolator was awesome and now, not so much..
OCOD Fram's, now not so bad..
As long as your car doesn't turn into a black hole consuming life as we know it, the oil you are using is fine..
Someone baked their oil in the kitchen oven and stunk up the house..
Fell free to add..
Thank you!

Don't forget the other very scientific tests involving oil in the freezer and on the grill outside.

Headline, "Local Oshkosh man recieves burns attempting to find out how much his transmission fluid expands on grill. Says, ' the [censored] car doesn't even have an ATF dipstick',.....more details at 9."

Mobil 1 0w40 for every PCMO application. Because the 0w means it is as thin as any other oil when cold, and 40 because it is only a couple up from what your car actually specifies (20 or 30) so it provides extra protection.

Last edited:
Ford tested 5W20 in death valley in in trucks in the heat of summer, therefore every car will do fine on TGMO.

5W30 always becomes 5W20 in service, so the manufacturers are already running 20, and your car, whatever it is will do fine on TGMO.

It's why I sought out Motorcraft 5W20 to put in the Nissan Maxima to cross the desert last year.

All oils are compatible under D6922, so therefore 4 quarts made up of one ounce of 132 different oils is as good and predictable as a brand name.

0W means more flow, even at 40C.

Run Rotella T5 / T6 in everything.

No matter what oil you buy and what you paid for it, you were robbed unless you got M1 at Walmart.

Last edited:
That is because any decent oil uses Mobil/Exxon base stocks anyway. So you might as well just use Mobil 1 0w40 anyway.

Imagine if this forum was a subreddit?

Don't forget the blatant conservatism and casual political incorrectness

Plus with the lack of fresh blood, your average BITOG'ER is probably well into mid life crisis mode?

While he excessively changes his oil and waxes his Boxster...

DAE microGreen Filter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

Plus with the lack of fresh blood, your average BITOG'ER is probably well into mid life crisis mode?

I'm too morally superior to even respond to this thread. But I will anyway. Now, if you'll excuse me, I donated to PBS and want to see my name in the underwriting announcements.
crackmeup2.gif

Mobil Super 5000 was popular for a bit.

This would be it's circlejerk equivalent

That would be Michelin tires.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

I'm too morally superior to even respond to this thread. But I will anyway. Now, if you'll excuse me, I donated to PBS and want to see my name in the underwriting announcements.
crackmeup2.gif

+ 1 !

Last edited:
Imagine if this forum was a subreddit?

This would be it's circlejerk equivalent

While he excessively changes his oil and waxes his Boxster...

DAE microGreen Filter?
While YOU whine that you can't afford one.

If you run a K&N air filter, why use a filter at all - a 'no filter' approach actually has higher efficiency.

Royal Purple is just Napa Syn in purple packaging

Velveeta is Liquid Gold ("go-on, git")

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Ford tested 5W20 in death valley in in trucks in the heat of summer, therefore every car will do fine on TGMO.

5W30 always becomes 5W20 in service, so the manufacturers are already running 20, and your car, whatever it is will do fine on TGMO.

It's why I sought out Motorcraft 5W20 to put in the Nissan Maxima to cross the desert last year.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back