2004 BMW 325i Engine Stumbling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:
This is $2000-$3000 car
Really? I would think it should be at least $8K or more. Of course I don't know my BMWs but similar Acura/Lexus would be at least $10K+

Given the relatively low miles, I would say it's worth somewhere in the vicinity of $6K (private party sale), IF there is nothing wrong with it and it's in overall clean condition. If it needs repairs, then subtract from there.

How did you guess so close Quattro? KBB.com just told me its worth $5,949 in 'excellent' condition sold to a private party.

The engine stumbling has stopped so far, I put some Chevron Premium 91 octane in it and it's doing ok.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:
This is $2000-$3000 car
Really? I would think it should be at least $8K or more. Of course I don't know my BMWs but similar Acura/Lexus would be at least $10K+

Given the relatively low miles, I would say it's worth somewhere in the vicinity of $6K (private party sale), IF there is nothing wrong with it and it's in overall clean condition. If it needs repairs, then subtract from there.

How did you guess so close Quattro? KBB.com just told me its worth $5,949 in 'excellent' condition sold to a private party.
I'd say he guessed close because he has a similar car lol.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
The engine stumbling has stopped so far, I put some Chevron Premium 91 octane in it and it's doing ok.

Some previous posts were asking you to tear the engine down. Its always easy to try some cleaner fluids first. Smart. That Chevron gasoline has some Techron in it, something that has PEA for injector cleaning. Try a bottle of Techron or Gumout Multi-System in the gas tank to be sure its all gum-free.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Take the throttle body off the engine and clean the carbon out. Pay special attention to the slots in the bottom of the butterfly; that's where the air enters when the butterfly is closed. Spray the carb cleaner on white Scotch-Brite and go to town. Rinse the liquified carbon off before it dries and re-solidifies. Make sure to clean the passage where the IAC sits. You gotta work fast because that M.E.K. evaporates super quick in the summertime.
+1
Make sure all the little orfices near the throttle body are clean. I use a toothbrush to reach up past the TB and scrub away the carbon. When buying TB cleaner, make sure the can will spray upside down. Sure makes things easier when access is tight.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Like i said techron...
As I posted earlier, the stumbling has stopped so far with Chevron 91 octane fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back