Pennzoil Ultra 5w-20, 8462mi, 2012 Focus 2.0L

Status
Not open for further replies.
12SGM-073115-page-001-cut.jpg

Everything looks good to me compared to universal averages except iron and insolubles. Any comments or advice here appreciated! All UOAs are from PU 5w-20 except #1 @6,236 with Motorcraft syn blend. I'm currently running my last OCI w/PU, then switching to Mobil 1 for the next two OCIs.

If its not the TC shredding, Maybe try some LUCAS top oil or some POE AC lube in the gas at 200:1 and see what happens. IS fuel mileage and power good?

Fuel mileage is excellent (34MPG overall average, 37MPG @70mph cruising) power delivery is good and smooth, and oil consumption is low @ ~1/4 quart/OCI.

What is TC?

Originally Posted By: Tbone289
Fuel mileage is excellent (34MPG overall average, 37MPG @70mph cruising) power delivery is good and smooth, and oil consumption is low @ ~1/4 quart/OCI.

What is TC?

I think he means timing chain.

Just curious, what oil filter have you been using? Any high-rev use, especially when cold? This engine doesn't have a reputation for high iron levels and while your level isn't anything to worry about, it is odd.

Ah yes, timing chain...

I have been using FL-400S. One of the OCIs I used a PL20195, and it didn't make a difference. Yes, I do get into revs on occasion, but not regularly and never before it warms up. I had thought about the high revs early on while the aluminum numbers were higher thinking that I had some piston scuffing and decided to be easier on it for the next OCI, but it made no difference with the iron levels.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
If its not the TC shredding, Maybe try some LUCAS top oil or some POE AC lube in the gas at 200:1 and see what happens. IS fuel mileage and power good?

These are "top end" lubes, correct? The Lucas you're recommending, is that their "upper cylinder lubricant" product? How will a DI engine such as this benefit from an upper cylinder lubricant?

If your thought is that it might help reduce the solvent/corrosive effect of alcohol on cylinder oil film, would switching to E0 also help? I've never been much of a user of fuel or oil additives, other than a swig of Techron concentrate to clean up every now and then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back