AFE Pro Dry S for 2012 Toyota RAV4 2.5L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought the RAV4 mentioned above. I still have the old Pro Dry S drop in filter I had in my 2012 Scion XB. According to AFE's website, they call for the same filter for my RAV, but the description under the pic of the filter says 2008-2014 Scion XB 2.4L. Also, looking at K&N's site, they actually list a different part number for the RAV vs the Scion. I did put the AFE filter in the RAV tonight, fits nice in the lower half of the air box, but the lid, the clean side, which only has two metal clips in the front, and two of those plastic hook type things in the back, fits kinda loose with that filter in it. I can wiggle the lid around and there is even some up and down movement at the plastic hooks. What do you guys think? I was really hoping to be able to reuse my AFE filter, but the fitment, and the way they list it on their website has me a little concerned.

I was afraid to order another AFE filter though and have it fit just as poorly as this one. Unfortunately, AEM doesn't make a drop in filter for my application, AFE is the only one making a dry filter for it. I wanna stay away from the likes stuff

Why don't you contact AFE CS about K&N has different part numbers for 2012 Scion XB and RAV4, while AFE has only 1 filter for both vehicles, and the one in Scion XB doesn't fit well in RAV4 air box.

If you can get Toyota part number for both cars, forward those part number to AFE too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back