rotated tires, car rides better

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday i rotated tires (every 5000 miles, good exercise when you have SUV), pumped them up a bit, checked brake pads, and greased brake slider pins.
today, i marveled how the car drives better, smoother, and brakes better. i even had an emergency braking and the car stopped great just in time for 2 cars that almost collided and blocked the green light.

is this all in my head?

Unless you had an alignment problem or you rebalanced the wheels, then yes I would say it's all in your head.IMHO.

BTW-good post for keeping you posts count up.

Last edited:
It's easy to bend a rim or have a funky (un-round) tire in your rotation. Once you find it, banish it to the rear.

Having the brake hardware working 100% is a satisfying feeling.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
It's easy to bend a rim or have a funky (un-round) tire in your rotation. Once you find it, banish it to the rear.

True. You probably have a slightly out-of-round/imbalanced tire which now got rotated to the back -- hence the ride improvement.

As far as the better braking, the tires you moved up front probably have better tread than the rears. Proper air pressure also makes a difference.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Unless you had an alignment problem or you rebalanced the wheels, then yes I would say it's all in your head.IMHO.

BTW-good post for keeping you posts count up.

so you troll the guy with less posts per day than yourself... uh good move.

Anyway I find it refreshing to find a genuine topic that's not some banished troll come back for the 5th time with nonsense troll threads yes carnoobie/avery4 I'm talking about you.

I'm with the crowd on this one.. probably a slightly out of round tire or wheel you moved to the back. Also depending on how much air you added that might make a difference.

Hey. Even if it's in your head, it's still an improvement. When my car is clean outside and inside the ride is more satisfying. So I guess you could say it rides better... Of course correct air pressure and tire rotation usually helps in a real way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back