combined tire threads by Ram Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your opinion of best tires for the money for a passenger car
My priorities are this
1. Handling/grip
2. Noise
3. Wear
These are my top priorities in order. Obviously its all a compromise of sorts but i want a decent set of tires without breaking the bank to bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had good luck with Goodyear tires personally.

I have the Wrangler SR-A tires that so Many people hate on my Silverado Z71 and im well pleased. They ride quiet, they are wearing well, and they did an excellent job for me in the snow this year.

The best part about them is i bought them as new take offs from a 2014 silverado that someone wanted mud tires on. The tires had 17 miles on them when i got them. I gave the Previous owner 375$ for them. 25k miles later and they are still 3/4 tread! Rotation every 5k miles and 40PSI cold is the key!
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Since the criteria is "for the money", that automatically eliminates any tire made by Michelin.
Sounds good to me. I haven't found a decent Michelin tire yet. I'm currently driving a 2004 BMW with Michelin Pilot Sport tires on it. They handle nicely but they're obnoxiously loud and are dangerous in the rain. Junk.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
what car and size?

Corvette z06 or your moms minivan. Big difference in the recommendation

I like trucontact for the minivan

He said "best tire for the money for passenger car"

Passenger car is neither Corvette nor minivan.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Cooper CS5 or General RT43

Best tires for the money for a passenger car are those above.

Best tire for performance/sport car is Michelin Super Sport.

Last edited:
As a cooper cs4 owner, I'd agree on the CS5 by extension. Otherwise I'd say Michelin primacy mxm4.

+1 Continental TrueContact

Super grippy, LRR, deep All Season tread with "Dry Wet Snow" wear indicator and 3D sipes for light snow.

Super quiet and inexpensive up here.

The Cooper Ultra CS5 is one of the best right now IMO. I have put 2 sets on my inlaws cars and they are quiet, handle well, and even worked in light snow.

The General RT43 are also good as well.

Defenders, rt43, Michelin premiers, cooper tires in general, all fantastic tires it just matters how much you want to pay...

Personally I have never had a good Goodyear passenger tire. Seen too many with blown belts. ...

I am starting to like the bfg advantage ta as well

I just looked and General is offering a $50.00 pre-paid Visa with the purchase of 4 tires- the offer is good until 10/1/15

I've been wondering the same thing the op is wondering for a while now... Have been preferential to the Firestone FR710, but this General deal is really making me think about jumping ship to try the RT43.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
General Altimax RT43

If my OEM tires don't last through the summer/fall (they are looking and feeling pretty rough at only about 25k miles), it's pretty likely that I would buy these. If I needed one set for all 4 seasons, probably the Premier A/S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back