01 Nissan Sentra (new motor mounts installed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, I want to revisit this. As stated, I have 3 brand new aftermarket motor mounts installed. There is also a 4th mount which I did not replace because my mechanic visually inspected it and said it still looks good. This one is the transmission hanger. I personally do not think you can always look at a part and just because it looks ok on the outside means that it is functioning properly. I’m not exactly sure where or how this transmission hanger mounts but if it is would that create a lot of vibration at lower RPM’s?

Ok guys, I want to revisit this. As stated, I have 3 brand new aftermarket motor mounts installed. There is also a 4th mount which I did not replace because my mechanic visually inspected it and said it still looks good. This one is the transmission hanger. I personally do not think you can always look at a part and just because it looks ok on the outside means that it is functioning properly. I’m not exactly sure where or how this transmission hanger mounts but if it is bad would that create a lot of vibration at lower RPM’s?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mark72
Ok guys, I want to revisit this. As stated, I have 3 brand new aftermarket motor mounts installed. There is also a 4th mount which I did not replace because my mechanic visually inspected it and said it still looks good. This one is the transmission hanger. I personally do not think you can always look at a part and just because it looks ok on the outside means that it is functioning properly. I’m not exactly sure where or how this transmission hanger mounts but if it is bad would that create a lot of vibration at lower RPM’s?

You can see where in the diagram links I sent you. Did you even read those posts? Check for the SR20 Auto and manual (I didn't know which you had) diagrams.
It has pictures and everything...............

Yes, I looked at the pics you sent. I was aware of the 3 mounts I was replacing and the trans mount. I appreciate you sending me those. But as I stated, the engine sounds like a POS at startup and idling with foot on brake. Simply bringing this up again wondering if I'm going to throw more money at it to replace the trans hanger.

Yes, I looked at the pics you sent. I was aware of the 3 mounts I was replacing and the trans mount. I appreciate you sending me those. But as I stated, the engine sounds like a POS at startup and idling with foot on brake. Simply bringing this up again wondering if I'm going to throw more money at it to replace the trans hanger. And my car does not have a damper. I confirmed that.

No worries Mark. These situations are frustrating and well I know it. We've likely all been there, I know I have. Let's hope the tranny mount solves it.

In the short term, you can just pop it into N when stopped. I put a solid mount into my Neon and it buzzed the car a bit when stopped in D. After a while it was just a habit.

Gotta take it for another opinion to someone with lots of Nissan experience. You're just grasping as straws here. Lots of part failures can cause uneven idle or an increase in NVH. Your tech could've left a vacuum line disconnected for all we know, or a million other things.

Bottom line: need more info to come up with a solid diagnosis. Or throw money at it and hate life while you do it.

has to be related to the mounts.. Never ever never....never had an idle issue with vibration like this until RIGHT after these stupid mounts were installed. So, if he detached a vacuum hose or whatever during the install, then I consider that related to this fiasco. But I would be willing to bet its not because of some other part failure. I'm not saying what you said couldn't be true. A part can fail at any moment. But its too ironic this car vibrates like this the second I picked it up after the mounts were installed.

Last edited:
All possibly true. Narrowing down what was done improperly and/or what has failed is likely going to require another round of diagnostics in person. Anybody you consult online can't see and feel what you can. Many problems can be solved without this info but I doubt this can. Good luck either way.

Alright guys...frustrating, but is what it is. I had a second opinion on the aftermarket mounts I had installed. My other mechanic said they are properly installed but they are very stiff. He said drive it for a month and they “might” loosen up, but can’t guarantee. I called Nissan to get a price on OEM it would cost me 428.00 for the three mounts. I think at this point I’ll just have to live with it rumbling like an old truck at idle. SUCKS! Needs an alternator too, so right now, that’s more important anyway. Nissan tells me because I’ve got the SR20DE motor which few of them were made...I guess it was their sport model 4 banger they made back in 2001 and they didn’t make a lot of them, but the parts are not in high demand so that is why they cost so much. Doesn’t make sense to. I though high demand equaled higher cost. But oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back