Does MMO Increase Oil Max Temp / Flashpoint ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While MMO says it extends the motor oil's working temp range, I can only find mention where MMO is rated down to -65 degrees F. I can not find mention where MMO increases the oil's max operating temp ? Does anyone know what benefit MMO can provide to extending an oil's max temp , flashpoint , etc. ?

since its pale oil it lowers it
as a bonus

It also dilutes the oil makers carefully designed additive package.

Extends meaning lowers pour point. You can achieve the same by fuel dilution. Plus what Rand said.

Originally Posted By: Rand

But they say this.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: MMO
Marvel fortifies the properties of motor oil, both traditional and synthetic.

It's still a mystery?

From its MDSD:

Petroleum Distillates (Hydrotreated Heavy Naphthenic)
Petroleum Distillates (Stoddard Solvent)
Tricresyl Phosphate
Ortho Dichlorobenzene
Para Dichlorobenzene

Pour in decent motor oil at each renewal and there's no need for lotions and potions imho.

Originally Posted By: splinter
Pour in decent motor oil at each renewal and there's no need for lotions and potions imho.

But they say this.
21.gif

Marvel should be added to your engine oil at every oil change.

What do "they" know?
Who do "they" think they are?
What are "they" going to do to me?
"They" know nothin'!
"They're" from out-of-town.
They paid for the label. Kira ps Anyone know the name of the typeface of their funky cool can design?

Originally Posted By: Benito
But they say this.
21.gif

Marvel should be added to your engine oil at every oil change.
Marvel fortifies the properties of motor oil, both traditional and synthetic.

Uhh, so?

A lot of things say a lot of stuff.

Originally Posted By: Rand
since its pale oil it lowers it
as a bonus

And it lowers the lubricity of the oil. (bad, not good).

i use mmo for gas not crank case...

i grew up from my days of ranting about the stuff... i couldnt help but notice how i added it to my 1980 th400 and it turned a drip/leak into a puddle.

and my dads 350 rear end leak/drip into a puddle.

the list goes on. atleast for me...

so now i just put it in gas once in a blue moon or air tools

i see results of cheap oil being so strong after abusive use, and oils going 7/10000 miles on a change and feel really stupid bumping mineral spirits in the crank case...

and the only time i ever really needed to super clean a motor, i had to do a flush with some 25 year old 30 wt and a gallon of diesel. and i put regular not molested oil in afterwards

Several years back there was a member who did testing at home on a BBQ grill. Oil that was mixed with MMO didn't burn up when untreated oil did. I thought it was convincing.

One thing I think I would use it for is if water or rust was in the cylinder. I would squirt in MMO and let it it for awhile before cranking. Boat engines can get water in the cylinders from a leaking exhaust manifold water jacket.

Unless one is using an SAE 30 monograde in a Saskatchewan winter, I wouldn't be trying to improve an oil's cold weather performance with MMO. Fortunately, we've had multigrades for a few decades now.

Originally Posted By: jorton
Several years back there was a member who did testing at home on a BBQ grill. Oil that was mixed with MMO didn't burn up when untreated oil did. I thought it was convincing.

Well I sure couldn't think of a more definitive test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back