The latest tally from this year's Sturgis "Rally".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deaths are actually up to 12 now:

635746421470305069-big-graphic.JPG

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/08/sturgis-rally-death-toll/31341119/

Arrests and citations are down from this time last year but non-injury, injury, and fatal accidents are up. Wonder if there's a connection? Less law enforcement presence to avoid "situations"?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop
If I made the run to Sturgis there would be 814 citations instead of 813... one more speeding ticket...

What is Reasonable and Prudent?

Answer: Another individual that is living in United States that forgot what America is.

More injury accidents than non injury? Something to do with T shirts and dorags? Gotta look good going down....

I'm curious what caused the cash and vehicle seizures.

Why is "Rally" in quotation marks?

Originally Posted By: Silk
More injury accidents than non injury? Something to do with T shirts and dorags? Gotta look good going down....

In a motorcycle accident, regardless of gear, some minor injury is common, With gear, at least you usually get out of emergency much faster.

Rod

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop
If I made the run to Sturgis there would be 814 citations instead of 813... one more speeding ticket...

so you are slow enough to get caught?

We live 5-6 hours away near Denver, so now I feel compelled to attend, just to see what all the fuss is about - you know, been there done that type outing. I'm not even a biker.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
I can honestly say I have no desire to attend that event. To each his own, though.

I'm with you on that. I love motorcycles and motorcycle riding but the rally thing just isn't for me. The one and only bike event I've ever been to was Daytona Beach in the spring of '96. It was fun but it was too much for my taste. Drove there in a pick up with a few buddies to check out the bikes and people. Stopped traffic all the way in to get to our hotel. Once parked we never drove anywhere for the entire 6 days we stayed. We couldn't, you had to walk to get anywhere. Nothing but bikes lined up in each direction covering the streets. Bikers pretty much duck walking their bikes which made me ask why did they even have them running? Just as noisy at 4 am as it was at 4 pm (constant revving motors). Drunk people everywhere and the attitudes to go along. Saw numerous arrests and accidents, the cops didn't appreciate burnouts either. Seemed like every 30 seconds somebody would do one. We'd had enough by the 3rd day but stuck it out.

We saw a lot of radical bikes and met some cool people but the wall to wall people got old quick and was more than we expected. You couldn't get away from it. But, if that's your thing.....

Originally Posted By: Uber_Archetype
We live 5-6 hours away near Denver, so now I feel compelled to attend, just to see what all the fuss is about - you know, been there done that type outing. I'm not even a biker.

I'm not a biker either, but I am a life-long Motorcyclist.

I rode to the Sturgis Motorcycle Trailer Rally one year. If seeing people tow their bikes to within a couple miles of Sturgis, unload and then "ride" into town wearing their wannabe '[censored]'s Angels' attire, followed by lots of drunken and inept riding, it's hard to beat. It was surprising how much noise a low HP V-twin could make, though.

If you want to see and enjoy the Black Hills, I'd suggest going at any other time.

Yup, am a motorcyclist but never refer to myself as a biker - no way, no how. Went to Laconia, N.H. once upon a time w/ a then-buddy of mine. He had a Buell w/ the Sporty-engine so he felt 'legit' I suppose. I had my FJR & actually enjoyed the run to Laconia & the run home from Laconia. But actually being there in the Laconia area during their 'bike week'? No, not so much. I I never again hear a wound-out, straight-piped HD again, that will be just fine by me.

Too many 'altered-state' types pretending to be strapped to their own version of a P-47 or F4-U for my liking...

John.

I'm a rider not a biker... no matter what I sling a leg over...

1 hp 33,000 ft·pounds
508020052_f03b2c644b.jpg

52 HP 92 ft pounds
HarleyBluesBike_zpsede25dd9.jpg

111 HP 87 ft pounds
HarleyShop01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back