Indy Car at Road America returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just announced Verizon Indy Car returns to RA next year June 23-26 ticket package deal on now 4day 100bucks.

It's one of the tracks I've always wanted to visit. Peter Egan wrote some great stories about it.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
RA is a good place for them to be. Why did they ever stop going there?

The IRL Indycar series has never raced at Road America. The CART Indycar series and later Champ Car raced at Road America.

I doubt the IRL Indycars will match the time/speeds of the CART/Champ Cars at that track....

If you want to visit Road America you should go to their big vintage race weekend, it's in June or July. Sooooooo many great racecars. It's the best!

Originally Posted By: bennybigb

The IRL Indycar series has never raced at Road America. The CART Indycar series and later Champ Car raced at Road America.

I doubt the IRL Indycars will match the time/speeds of the CART/Champ Cars at that track....

If you want to visit Road America you should go to their big vintage race weekend, it's in June or July. Sooooooo many great racecars. It's the best!

Yes, I went to a couple of CART races at RA in the '90's.
And I have about 14 track days driving at RA. I find it relatively unchallenging until turn 5. I love the lower part of the course, though.

And I have about 14 track days driving at RA. I find it relatively unchallenging until turn 5. I love the lower part of the course, though.
maybe you have to put your foot into it a little more were you running it under 2 minutes.

I love that track and visited there many times. I even drive my 1965 Porsche 356C on the track. The last race I saw was the CAN AM races with the Porsche 917-30 running wild with ? driving. The June Sprints and Sept 500 were my favorites. Ed

Originally Posted By: dave123

maybe you have to put your foot into it a little more were you running it under 2 minutes.

Nobody that's ridden with me on a race track has ever said that I need to put my foot in it a little more. It's just that the long straights in the upper part of RA don't make for a lot of entertainment.

[/quote]

Nobody that's ridden with me on a race track has ever said that I need to put my foot in it a little more. It's just that the long straights in the upper part of RA don't make for a lot of entertainment.[/quote] You didn't mention what you were running it in was it under 2 minutes

Last edited:
I haven't been to RA since 2004, and I always went there in driver schools or track day situations, so I've never gotten a lap time there that I really believed. Somebody told me that they timed me at 1:56 at a Track Time session in 1994, but that was so long ago, maybe the memory is playing tricks.

Last edited:
I haven't been to RA since 2004, and I always went there in driver schools or track day situations, so I've never gotten a lap time there that I really believed. Somebody told me that they timed me at 1:56 at a Track Time session in 1994, but that was so long ago, maybe the memory is playing tricks.

You would have to be 180+mph down front stretch and a time that a DP car has never done in past 2 years 1:58 sat on the pole this year.

You would have to be 180+mph down front stretch and a time that a DP car has never done in past 2 years 1:58 sat on the pole this year.

Daytona Prototype, or SCCA D/Production? (LOL)

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Daytona Prototype. Those are some sexy cars.

Joey Hand put it on the pole Scott Pruett didn't qualify the car yes it now would be Prototype (PRO). Action Express racing had the best cars in the class for the race finishing 1and2. As far for SCCA cars I really don't waste my time at the track watching street cars run around a road coarse not a good time for me or NASCAR they run it in about 2:20 they look pathetically slow people only go to watch them beat and bang and drink alot of beer that can be fun to lol.

Joey Hand put it on the pole Scott Pruett didn't qualify the car yes it now would be Prototype (PRO). Action Express racing had the best cars in the class for the race finishing 1and2. As far for SCCA cars I really don't waste my time at the track watching street cars run around a road coarse not a good time for me or NASCAR they run it in about 2:20 they look pathetically slow people only go to watch them beat and bang and drink alot of beer that can be fun to lol.

I KNOW (concerning the SCCA D/Production), I WAS KIDDING YOU (hence the LOL)!

As far as I know, the D/Production cars could not hit 180 MPH, NO MATTER HOW they were geared.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back