Laufenn Tires by Hankook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know someone who has tried these? I know they just came out but so there is no reviews.

All I do know is It's Hankook's budget brand, and they are made at same plant in Indonesia as the Hankook's.

I was thinking about trying these at Discount Tire, they have them for 70.00 each which is cheap and is actually cheaper than some of the other off brands and have better warranty.

I just looked up Laufenn and thought, why on earth does Hankook need a cheap brand when regular Hankook tires aren't that expensive?

What size tire? I wouldn't go any lower than a regular Hankook. I'd prob go with General or Cooper first. Hard to go wrong with those.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
What size tire? I wouldn't go any lower than a regular Hankook. I'd prob go with General or Cooper first. Hard to go wrong with those.
245-75-16. I have two sets of wheels and it may be worth it but don't want to spend too much on a spare set that isn't used much (and i may end up selling after this winter). But also don't want some junk tire either
cool.gif

A lot of budget tires are a value situation. You get what you pay for. Generally, performance, noise, and tire life is what is sacrificed. However, unlike some on here I don't have anything against purchasing them on a car that sees mostly city driving or a "beater".

If they are made by Hankook which makes a decent tire (again for the money) I would probably give them a try.

Last edited:
What I find interesting, is the Laufeen is cheaper than the Primewell's and I would take the Laufenn seeing as it is made by Hankook. even witout any reviews I woudl pick it over Primewell lol.

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30
I have two sets of wheels and it may be worth it but don't want to spend too much on a spare set that isn't used much (and i may end up selling after this winter). But also don't want some junk tire either
cool.gif

If this is for spare wheel/tire that you don't need right away you may like to wait a month for Labor day weekend for potential sale/rebate from DTD or AT/DT.

According to this article, at least for now all the Laufenn tires are being made in Indonesia.
http://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20141106/NEWS/141109946/hankook-adding-laufenn-entry-level-brand

It appears the goal is to give Hankook more room to move upmarket while keeping a presence in the lower-cost tire tiers.

Side note- Hankook is building a big new factory in the U.S.

I'm also interested to see what they replace the H727 with. The H727 was an impressive tire when it was introduced, and still has winter performance better than many all-season tires, but the tire overall is getting old.

Their passenger car tire (the G FIT AS) looks like a bad copy of the Goodyear (no)Integrity.

Definitely not spending it on design, that's for sure.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Their website took 18seconds to load.. that's budget tires there woo!

Try it again-took about 5 seconds with my connection.

Last edited:
The CSS is whacked out, the navigation bar is wonky.

And maybe Hankook wants to give "budget" buyers a better tire choice than stuff like Wanli/Triangle - especially in bigger sizes.

Originally Posted By: nthach
The CSS is whacked out, the navigation bar is wonky.

And maybe Hankook wants to give "budget" buyers a better tire choice than stuff like Wanli/Triangle - especially in bigger sizes.

Nothing wrong with Triangle tires other than the characteristics of low end tires. The Triangle brand is another line used on big rigs.

yep faster today 16sec, don't think its my connection its 50mbit down.

the pictures themselves take 3-4 seconds to load slowly top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back