Is it cost effective to buy a pistol out of state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bought several guns using GunBroker auctions and did the transfer through a local FFL guy. Also bought a Wilson Combat shotgun directly over the phone from Wilson, in which they gave me a 10% military discount. Saved a lot of money on sales tax compared to buying through my local dealer.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: Doog
My FFL charges $25....3 days to ship and I always get delayed 5 days because some idiot has the same name as me.

But Buds is great.

what I don't like about Buds is that when a gun is really hot on the market, they don't sell them, they auction them off and take advantage of the desire and use it to often overcharge. That is not cool to me, especially when there are customers with backorders.

So, don't buy it?

That is not the issue. If you have backorders and a product comes in, you should fill those orders. They don't. That comes off a bit shady to me.

That is not the issue. If you have backorders and a product comes in, you should fill those orders. They don't. That comes off a bit shady to me.

Exactly correct Mr R

Cheaper Than Dirt is famous, or rather infamous, for pulling that type of nonsense.

Originally Posted By: billt460

Cheaper Than Dirt is famous, or rather infamous, for pulling that type of nonsense.

Yup, after the Sandy Hook thing happened PMags magically went up to like $75 each at CTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back