New bike, new fluids but bad luck with M1 TDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
you probably have a bike that is sensitive to 'slippery additives' so using a pcmo isn't gonna be prudent if you want to use the current clutch plates without replacement (might even have slippage with new plates); stick with good ole 10w-40 motorcycle oil with JASO MA, MA-1, or MA-2 rating/certification or Shell Rotella T 15w-40 or Rotella T-6 5w-40 which both have JASO MA ratings and often cost less than motorcycle oils (unless you buy when on sale)

Busylittleshop,

Although I don't ride a bike, I do respect your advise, as you actually have and show real results from you experience.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Busylittleshop,

Although I don't ride a bike, I do respect your advise, as you actually have and show real results from you experience.

There are lots of people on here with years of experience racing and building engines. They just don't wear it on their sleeves.

Busylittleshop,

Thanks tig1... I appreciate your gratitude...

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Busylittleshop,

There are lots of people on here with years of experience racing and building engines. They just don't wear it on their sleeves.

Or show those who have serious questions about their bikes. For example, BLS, actually shows how to remove the glazing from clutch disc and provides pics to demonstrate the procedure here in this thread. How many others on BITOG do that? Not many.

Last edited:
tig1 said:
Busylittleshop,

If he ran good oil he wouldn't have to deglaze clutch plates every 10,000 miles. He doesn't know there are bike clutches with well over 100,000 miles that don't need deglazing.

It takes more than cartoon pics to equal the truth.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mackelroy
tig1 said:
Busylittleshop,

If he ran good oil he wouldn't have to deglaze clutch plates every 10,000 miles. He doesn't know there are bike clutches with well over 100,000 miles that don't need deglazing.

It takes more than cartoon pics to equal the truth.

Oh Boy!!

crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back