PCV valve location 2002 Sienna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant seem to find any videos online for this one.. Anyone know where it is. She is using alot of oil but nothing out of tailpipe. Looks like some varnish or sludge under oil filler cap. Also I need to get it cleaned up,, whats a good method to remove varnish or deposits?

Thanks!

assuming that you are referring to the standard V6 3.0L 1MZ-FE engine type, your PCV valve (plastic, angled type) should be located on your left hand side (front passenger side), on the rear bank of the valve cover, with a rubber grommet on it.

You have to replace both (rubber grommet and PCV valve, factory OEM), for when it's been neglected for so long, you bet the grommet would have become brittle).

If burnging oil, you'll also have to check the tail pipe first thing start up in the morning (after sitting overnite) for first morning puff of blue smoke. That's typically related to valve stem seal becomes brittle over the years(as mileage accumulates).

Run high mileage oil to see if it helps.

Q.

Thanks you! Tailpipe has no soot. Mileage is 120k I think on sisters fam's car?.My bro -in -law is clueless so Im trying to help

good call on changing/replacing the PCV valve first. Get factory units and then go from there...

Q.
p.s. I hope my memory hasn't faded on that particular engine type...

doesn't matter HM full syn or blend, for we are taking advantage of the seal swelling/rejuvinating properties of the HM additives + slightly thicker oil to reduce burning.

Q.

Pennzoil or any other brand? I did buy some Quaker Defy HM 5w30 syn /blend to try.$15 at wallyworld.

any brand of HM oil should be fine.

Don't get too fuzzy/picky over brands, for any national brands motor oil should do just fine, so long as the price is palatable to you.

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back