Anyone Have a Taurus PT111 G2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yourself a favor, get the Ruger LC9 or LC9S. Better quality gun and more dependable.

Taurus makes a few decent guns, but this is not one of them.

What specifically is bad or wrong with it? Not much bad to say on YouTube videos. Worst complaint is the trigger break point is pretty far back in the pull. Maybe the early released versions had some issues?

Here's a pretty recent video review - published on Jun 17, 2015.

Exactly, Taurus has terrible quality control. And while the warranty will eventually fix it for you, you will spend forever getting through the process.

Ruger is consistent with their quality, stand behind their products, and are also more durable in my experience.

Dang, I put this in the wrong forum ... sorry.

From what I'm reading, the original PT111 had some issues, but the newer G2 (Gen 2) models seem not so bad.

Anyway, I know Taurus gets a bad rap on some of their guns, but I'm trying to research this particular model (G2 form) to see if it's decent for the $250 it would cost.

Isn't this one of the models affected by the recent class action lawsuit, safety defect or something? Or is that the first generation?

That's a good price.

I have a PT111 G2.

Out of all of my handguns, if I had to choose one, that one would probably be it. I like it a lot. No issues to report.

I can't speak for the first generation of Taurus handguns since all of mine are G2, but I have not had any issues out of any of my handguns, which are all Taurus.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Isn't this one of the models affected by the recent class action lawsuit, safety defect or something? Or is that the first generation?

That's a good price.

Probably the 1st Gen. Seems the G2 is a whole lot better from what I've see reviewed on YouTube. I'm sure there will always be an few instances of defective guns, but that happens now and then with all brands IMO.

Quality is hit or miss. There are much better guns for a few dollars more. I'd spend my money else where.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
What is your intended use for this firearm?

Target shooting and a gun I can beat up and not feel too bad about it.

I have one of both generations of that Taurus, along with the Ruger LC9 and a boatload of other 9mm's. The Taurus is one of the best values on the market hands down.

Just saw a newsletter suggesting this gun as one of the best buys in affordable weapons, must be the earlier model I had heard of.

Think you need to buy one and put it through the wringer for us!

You can pick up new Pt 111 G2 for under $200.00 now it is a great gun for that price I have two have not had a problem with the guns and it is just as good as the Ruger and other guns in it class for a lot less just don't go by all the neigh sayers on here check more reviews on other forums Glen (Ps I own over 60 hand gun and I no what I'm talking about don't listen to just 1or2 people)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Just saw a newsletter suggesting this gun as one of the best buys in affordable weapons, must be the earlier model I had heard of.

Think you need to buy one and put it through the wringer for us!

The place that had them on sale for $249 sold out in a day, so I got a rain check for one. Will probably pick one up when they come in.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
What is your intended use for this firearm?

Target shooting and a gun I can beat up and not feel too bad about it.

Sounds like an excellent fit for your use!

I recently bought a PT111 G2 so far it seems fine but I only have about a hundred rounds thru it. Check KY gun store. $198.00

Originally Posted By: gotnogunk
I recently bought a PT111 G2 so far it seems fine but I only have about a hundred rounds thru it. Check KY gun store. $198.00

Great price, but by the time I pay for a FFL dealer transfer fee and shipping it would be about the same $249. If I lived close I'd go to the store directly and pick one up for the super price of $198.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back