2011 Honda Accord....thoughts/who owns one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying for 7 years to find a comfortable position, even with the power seats. Every time I drive, I diddle around with the adjusters but still can't find the right setting.

The OP comment about the scratches and chips is about right. Anything chips Honda paint.

Originally Posted By: B20z
BTW, does that Buick come with a cane and a hat? I'm sure it's a fine car but [censored].

It's truly a wolf in sheep's clothing. The only cars around town that can out accelerate my Buick is an Infinity G37 with its 330 HP + 8-speed transmission, or one of those Honda Accord coupes with the V6 and 6 speed manual.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
BTW, does that Buick come with a cane and a hat? I'm sure it's a fine car but [censored].

It's truly a wolf in sheep's clothing. The only cars around town that can out accelerate my Buick is an Infinity G37 with its 330 HP + 8-speed transmission, or one of those Honda Accord coupes with the V6 and 6 speed manual.

I found it a little curious that someone with an Ody in his sig seemed to be ragging on a Buick Lucerne.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
I test drove a 2011 Honda Accord EX. It has reupholstered leather seats, a sunroof, nice wheels, the works! Very interested at first but the paint had too many scratches and chips on it for my liking. I have it for the night so I will be taking it back tomorrow. Anyway, what are your thoughts on this car? I am looking at the 2.4/5 speed auto combo. I heard these newer 2.4's can be major oil burners. Also, there are hundreds of complaints on uncomfortable seats, and yes, my back was sore after being in it for 1.5 hours. My commute is short though so its not really a deal breaker for me. I noticed there was a slight whine while the engine revved also, in park neutral, drive etc...when the engine revved there was a slight whine. Normal? Share all your thoughts on this gen...including all problems / issues / and the UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS. Please, owners of this gen, shed your light upon me. Also, what would you pay for one in the 30-40K mile range...thanks!

Had that year 2011 Coupe V6, the most uncomfortable seats I've ever been in, but otherwise a very reliable car.

Originally Posted By: Bill_G
I found it a little curious that someone with an Ody in his sig seemed to be ragging on a Buick Lucerne.

OK, that's fair, no doubt. Name me a better looking vehicle with 3 rows of seating in this price range, mid 20's economy, available in the US. I won't wait up for you.

Sometimes we have to drive what we have to drive for reasons other than appearance. It's a lot easier to find a practical sedan with an appealing exterior than it is a similar van. Sad but true.

(and at least the Ody doesn't have ventiports)

Originally Posted By: Bill_G

OK, that's fair, no doubt. Name me a better looking vehicle with 3 rows of seating in this price range, mid 20's economy, available in the US. I won't wait up for you.

Sometimes we have to drive what we have to drive for reasons other than appearance. It's a lot easier to find a practical sedan with an appealing exterior than it is a similar van. Sad but true.

(and at least the Ody doesn't have ventiports)

Was just yanking your chain a little - the Ody is a great family vehicle - I guess your cane and hat comment just struck me a little funny.

Just remember though - you can't stop time - who knows - one day you might have a need to shop for a stylish cane (without ventiports, of course).

...or a stylish Camry...
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back