2012 Corolla oil filter plastic housing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the inside of the filter housing can go bad? I think it is the by pass valve in there. A buddy of mine said Toyota has replaced his twice. He has 90k on his Camry. Other than making sure that the spring still had tension on it how should you know if it was bad? Oil analys?

Patrick

Ok. Do they crack or break? I know it was brutal trying to loosen it yesterday. Thats how my buddy gave me the info. He was able to loosen it and then said that Toyota had replaced his twice.

I have nothing to worry about unless I crack it or it starts to leak.

THANKS!

Originally Posted By: 06AllAmerican
Ok. Do they crack or break? I know it was brutal trying to loosen it yesterday.

Using the correct tool will help to prevent damage. Also, seems these plastic caps are always put on too tight, or tighten up between filter changes. Don't over torque when installing and be sure to lube the O-ring.

No problems with the housing unless someone over tightens it.

Watch the quickie lube joints and even Toyota mechanics.

I just changed the oil and the new Mobil 1 filter had a huge seal with it. 2x the size of the amsoil filter.

Maybe the dealer cracked or broke my buddies. He never asked for the part back. He is from the school of the dealer knows best.

Thanks for the responses.

Originally Posted By: 06AllAmerican
I just changed the oil and the new Mobil 1 filter had a huge seal with it. 2x the size of the amsoil filter.

Maybe the dealer cracked or broke my buddies. He never asked for the part back. He is from the school of the dealer knows best.

Thanks for the responses.
Dealer knows best how to empty your wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back