2012 Honda Accord....with listing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an Accord that I am seriously considering...The interior is in great shape, has 33K miles, drives well, well appointed etc. I am going to have it checked out at the mechanic tomorrow. I would walk out for $15,200. This is with a $5,500 trade. The paint is what concerns me, its the Tafetta white and its already hazy in spots. It doesnt have the high shine that my 2006 had. The Tafetta is a single stage paint. Is this something to worry about long term? http://www.sandysansing.com/auto/used-2012-honda-accord-exl-pensacola-32505-fl/3769957/

I wouldn't pay more than $18k for it, with $5,500 trade in for your 2006 Accord the difference should no more than $12,500 plus tax and license.

That thing is frickin sweet. If all you're worried about is the paint, then it's good car.
I'd be more worried about Bondo everywhere on a used car.

For that kind of money, just buy a new one. You can get a great deal on a new one. In general, cars aren't selling, trucks and SUVs are selling like crazy. Financing is dirt cheap on new cars these days. Even if you can pay cash, it's smarter to finance with rates this low.

I helped my sister shop for a new Accord Sport model - basically an LX with nicer trim - and paid $21,200. That's with a new car warranty from Honda and 7 years roadside from the dealer. And 1.99% financing That's what I'd do.

You are saving about $5500 from brand new with equivalent 2015 ex-l at internet prices before 2016 arrives. You financing the $15k? If not I would actually finance the small delta short term and get brand new.

Accord's do not depreciate much for 4years+ old.

According to NADA online, that car's "clean retail" price is $17,425. Kelly Blue Book's "Fair Market Range" is $16,179 - $19,592, with a middle mark at $17,881 (strikingly close to NADA's number).

I think HTSS_TR has the right idea here: offer no more than $18k for it, and use your $5,500 trade as down payment.

$18k is a significant savings over new -- a 2015 Accord EX-L stickers for $28k.

Jimmy%20mcmillan_zpswqlczmch.jpg

Seriously... Too much for a '12

You could almost have a new one for that $$$

It's my humble opinion that your current incarnation of the Accord is superior then later iterations, and that you should keep it.

You're gaining 6 years and 100,000 miles for $15,200. Going from a used Accord to a used Accord.

The 2006 Accord may be the better design. [I have a 2007 Accord.]

Unless there's something seriously wrong with your current Accord that seems like a very high price differential.

I'd keep the 2006 or buy a new Accord Sport model. Your 2006 should be able to go another 100,000 miles without much cost or difficulty.

Originally Posted By: ecotourist
Your 2006 should be able to go another 100,000 miles without much cost or difficulty.

Based on his other threads, the OP does not think so.

In my experience, Hondas and Toyotas five years and newer are poor buys as used cars.
If you want the car, I would offer 17K straight up without a trade. If you think your trade is worth 5.5K, that should put you @11.5K before tax/fees. If the answer is no, I would look at new '15 LX's or Sports.
Not that much of a price difference between the two, plus there are some good financing incentives right now. Traditionally, this is about the time of year Honda usually offers factory to dealer incentives ($1500-1750 per unit) and getting a huge piece of that (if not all) should not be difficult.

That car probably went into service in 2011 so it will be 4 years old, for $5k more or a tick over $1k a year you can get a brand new one with a full warranty.

If your financing you can get better rates on the new Honda and the overall cost shrinks even more.

I agree with the majority here, keep your Accord or go for the current one, the 9th gen. The eighth gen was met with a collective, "Meh" from the Automotive press, using words like, "bloated", "too many buttons", "not as fuel efficient". Keep in mind, "Meh" for a Honda Accord is pretty much praise anywhere else.

I'm sure Honda did their due diligence with the CVT; I have heard zero complaints about it's reliability, and there are millions of miles on the current generation.

There was an owner on DriveAccord suffering buyer's remorse moving from his 7th to an 8th gen, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back