Camry idle issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was fine yesterday, now its not. It will idle, sounds a bit off; if I goose it, it wants to stall or idle rough. Ran fine all day today, parked for a couple hours, then a two mile drive and now this. On a warm engine anyhow, can check tomorrow when cold.

It has been humid lately (summer and all), and wife just filled up. Camry is a 2011 2.5L, stickshift, 97kmiles. Check engine light is off, have not hooked up a scanner yet. Seemed fine off idle, just not at idle.

Anything I ought to check for?

Grr, car was going to go out on a 500 mile trip tomorrow...

If this started after filling up, perhaps you got a bad batch of gas.

Just spitballing, but if the issue's worse when the car's hot, could be a crank/cam sensor issue. Classic symptom is car stalling out of nowhere.

Last edited:
I am wondering about bad gas. Should we run it out? Wife was going to head out on a 200 mile trip tomorrow--I presume that is nixed! or go for it?

I think I'd go for it, probably an odd sensor.

Ever do the fuel filter in it? Maybe it plugged or tore?

Clean the MAF sensor too and see what happens.

Originally Posted By: Kool1
I would check out the idle air control valve.

I didn't know cars still had these.

Well, I did not expect to get anywhere on this, but I popped the hood this morning before sending wifey off with a car that has issues idling.

Found this:
oglyf6.jpg

?

Looks like part 17893-0V010, whatever that might be… Oh looked it up, a resonator.
2up6z2h.jpg

Pulled out my new ratcheting wrenches, shoved back in, done.
smile.gif
Wife happy. I’m happy, as otherwise it was going to go off to the garage or a dealer to diagnose. Wife (I) were surprised that it even idled, what with such a massive vacuum leak.

It's not really a vacuum leak, but a leak that is letting in unmetered air after the MAF sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back