Subaru OEM 5W30 in 2015 Subie WRX 5364 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my recent UOA. Doesn't seem that bad, other than viscosity, which was expected. Been using my free maintenance plan up to this point. Will probably switch to RT6. No way I'm going 7k miles on this engine, 5k max.

Last edited:
Nice...Very low wear engines even with a timing chain and beat-down oil viscosity.

Do you like the CVT?

CVT is great. I've grown to love it and it certainly helps on the amount of driving I do. I just jump in the legacy if I'm feeling the need to drive manual.

Really really smooth transmission, happy with the car.

Originally Posted By: aigochamaloh
CVT is great. I've grown to love it and it certainly helps on the amount of driving I do. I just jump in the legacy if I'm feeling the need to drive manual.

Really really smooth transmission, happy with the car.

Loved driving the WRX with the CVT. It's impressive despite what most would think.

I would keep reading before going to RT6 on the 2015 FA20 engine. There's been some not so great results with it. It works great on the EJ series engines, but possibly just a more robust 30wt would do you better. The Subie juice is [censored].

I'm waiting for SoA to put turbos back on the severe service OCI.
35.gif
Or maybe for FHI to make a phone call to Toyota. "Hey, Toyoda-san! We will take your muliti-port DI technology for our DIT's after all!"

Originally Posted By: JettyLife
I would keep reading before going to RT6 on the 2015 FA20 engine. There's been some not so great results with it. It works great on the EJ series engines, but possibly just a more robust 30wt would do you better. The Subie juice is [censored].

What not so great results are you referring to?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bluesubie
I'm waiting for SoA to put turbos back on the severe service OCI.
35.gif
Or maybe for FHI to make a phone call to Toyota. "Hey, Toyoda-san! We will take your muliti-port DI technology for our DIT's after all!"

Originally Posted By: JettyLife

What not so great results are you referring to?

I jumped the gun on my post, I was thinking of the fuel dilution issue with the DIT engines, but it is not directly related to RT6 or oil choice, it's just the engine design I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back