Don't shake hands with an engine builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean they don't look like gym junkies, but their strength is amazing.

Check out THIS guy at about the 1:59 mark...

that's right, a single hand holding back the torque reaction.

Like I said, be wary about these guys, their strength is an order of magnitude greater than it looks (so I've been told).

I've seen them in action, some of those guys have gorilla strength. Looking at them you'd never know it.

Wow!

The most impressive display of strength I remember was when I was in my early teens and someone came to fix a small part of my parent's roof. This was late evening early night and there wasn't even much light.

After inspecting the roof, he came back down looking for a propane torch in his truck but couldn't find it. So he hauled out a large cylinder, held it across his back with one hand, and proceeded to climb up to the second story roof using only one hand on the ladder. He was a big guy and the ladder flexed a lot.

He came back down a little while later having completed the repair. At the bottom of the ladder, he handed me the cylinder, warning me it was heavy.

I thought how heavy could it be if he hauled it up one handed. I could barely keep it from hitting the ground!

I've burned up a few drills priming race engines. 20w-50 takes a lot of power to suck it through the oil pump.

Ive gotten popped with a power drill turning a 3-4" hole saw in wood. That's a lot of force!

One of my good friends used to be an engine builder. I watched him many times grab a few small block chevy heads like it was nothing. One in each hand.
He made me look like a wimp and I am no small guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back