Chemical Guys Jetseal or another Sealant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko
Originally Posted By: 2civics
So preparation to use a high end sealant...

1. Wash with dish soap.
2. Cleaner Wax.
3. Clay Bar
4. Sealant (Let set for 20+ minutes depending on product directions.)

Sound right?

You're close, but missed a couple of steps. Try this -

1. Wash with dawn
2. Iron-X
3. Clay
4. Polish
5. Seal
6. Wax

Ed

It doesn't sound like he's concerned about appearance, so a wash (rinseless or traditional) --> clay (or clay substitute such as Nanoskin) --> sealant is all that he will need.

Iron-X would be nice to do but is probably not relevant for him.

You hit it on the head. I'm not. I don't need the deepest shine or the warmest glow. After all, they are just civics. I'm not turning heads anyway. Just want to protect them for longevity sake. Your prescription is exactly what I used and both cars turned out really pretty to my eyes.
smile.gif
(thanks)

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I see 845 mentioned a lot, how is it for UV protection?

Demar- I've wondered about this as well. Beautiful shine and long lasting but how does it protect? It's made for protection against high voltage failures, fires and explosions. How does that translate to my car?

Last edited:
I see literally tens and tens of old Civic in company parking lot. Apart from specific color (haveusa blue?) which is prone to lose its clear coat, they all look fine after decade(s) of total neglect.

Any updates to how your sealant process turned out? I bought some chemical guys waterless wash and wax to keep my cars clean between washes. I wasn't 100% pleased with the v7 spray sealant/detailer hybrid stuff but really like the waterless wash and wax. Should be getting my meguiars d156 gallon of spray synthetic wax today also.

Well..... my Jetseal arrived in a timely fashion and in good condition but....I got cold feet and sent it back.
crazy.gif

I then ordered FK1000P in it's place and used that instead. I just wasn't getting enough 1st hand feedback on the Jetseal and had lots of positive first hand feedback on the Finish Kare from another thread I had. So for about half the price I thought I would go in that direction instead.

1. No-rinse Wash
2. Clay Bar
3. FK1000P

The results thus far have been outstanding. I used it on both of my cars and it gives a nice rich mirror shine. The real test will be how long it stands up to being out in the elements day after day.

Sorry to hear you had some issues with the v7. I wondered about that product, myself. Good to hear the waterless wash wash and wax worked out. I generally really like Chemical Guy's Products. I may try the waterless wash next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back