Inline ATF filter for 2012 Civic LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am mulling around the idea of picking up an inline filter for my 2012 Civic LX. However, I know next to nothing about them other than the fact that genuine Magnefine filters seem to be a common option. The car is pushing 50k miles and has had two drain and refills since purchase (with another coming up very shortly to help replace some Peak Synthetic ATF that got thrown in at about 30k by a quick lube place when the wife took it...). Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the transmission has some kind of filter in it, but whatever it may be it is not accessible. So, would installing an inline filter be a wise move? Are there any issues with flow/restriction? Any advice on brand/models/part numbers/etc. if I decide to install one? I'm pretty neurotic when it comes to clean fluid, so after I am satisfied that the Peak ATF is out, I will do another drain and fill in 30k miles and a full cooler line flush in another 30k after that.

Thanks.

Never mind. Some more research answered my question.

There is an external ATF filter on my model. Part number 25430-PLR-003.

Feel free to delete this thread if desired
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: skaughtz
So I am mulling around the idea of picking up an inline filter for my 2012 Civic LX.
Thanks.

Don't do it. You want to only filter a small amount of ATF on each cycle. If you try to filter 100% it sill screw up the pressures. Better off just doing a drain and fill every 15K miles. If its like most autotrannies you drain about 4 out of 11 quarts each time.

Last edited:
Come again? I have in line filters on several of my vehicles, and I'm not suffering screwed up pressures yet. The biggest restriction in my transmission cooler lines are the transmission coolers themselves.

Originally Posted By: skaughtz
Never mind. Some more research answered my question.

There is an external ATF filter on my model. Part number 25430-PLR-003.

Feel free to delete this thread if desired
smile.gif

It doesn't have a magnet but appears to be made a lot better than a Magnefine filter
27.gif
. I wonder if it would work well in other applications with the same size transmission return line?

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Come again? I have in line filters on several of my vehicles, and I'm not suffering screwed up pressures yet. The biggest restriction in my transmission cooler lines are the transmission coolers themselves.

What filters are you using? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back