New car pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I have to think we are headed for a "Car Bubble" bust, just like the housing market. Cars are getting priced ridiculously high. people are keeping their cars longer and alot of people have bad credit. So how are makers going to move cars? They have to be running a surplus now. I am not iin the market for a car anytime soon, so I am just going to grab a popcorn and watch, but I see this bubble busting soon.

The average car payment is $480 for 60 months for Americans that finance. I think their check book is in trouble if the didn't put so little money down.

Kelley Blue Book says the average light vehicle transaction price is just north of $34.000.00. Therefore, it's my guess the down payment is coming from a pretty worn out trade in.

I also understand that talk of affordability is already taking place with all the major car makers. I am guessing that leasing will be more subsidized than it already is.

Being retired, and having some control of miles driven-I would consider leasing verses owning. Having $34,000.00 in the bank for projected living expenses is more prudent than taking it out of the bank for a depreciating asset.

Last edited:
Autotrader prices are all [censored]. When I was truck shopping they included all kinds of rebates I didn't qualify for.

IMHO the best place to shop is Ebay, the buy it now on some stuff is a very fair price. Unlike Autolier buy it now is a firm price and a contract once clicked on.

I still can't figure out what was supposed to be that word which got auto corrected to "disrobe" !

Thought of JHRZ disrobing in the dealer showroom gives me shudder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back