oil filter cutters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am trying to research cutters. I am pretty much only considering the Caterpillar 175-7546, the Longacre made in Monroe, Washington and the Airwolf.

Any info you can provide on any of these (or another of high quality) ? Such as safety, feel, quality of materials and components, factory support (getting replacement blades or something else that can prevent it from becoming classified as scrap if something goes wrong in the future), Country of Origin, characteristics you would wish were different or something you would add or subtract from.

Joseph

I really like my Longacre. I have not used the rest, but I have to put in a +1 for the Longacre. It's nice.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Also, do you think these would cut up a fuel filter?

The oil filter cutters will cut a basic oil filter where the thin sheet metal starts at the base. If the base has a shoulder then maybe not. If the sheet metal is thick, then not.

I tried to cut open a hydraulic filter from my Bobcat and it would not do it. I has to grind it away. With the can off I could see why. The sheet metal was very thick, I could not deform it with my hand.

Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy
A hack saw works fine for me

+1

$4 hacksaw from Home Depot. Only use it for oil filters. Takes about 2 minutes. Of course, I'm not cutting through enough filters on a routine basis to necessitate the purchase of a specialty tool.

You guys have a filter cutting certificate?
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back