2011 Honda Accord....thoughts/who owns one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I test drove a 2011 Honda Accord EX. It has reupholstered leather seats, a sunroof, nice wheels, the works! Very interested at first but the paint had too many scratches and chips on it for my liking. I have it for the night so I will be taking it back tomorrow. Anyway, what are your thoughts on this car? I am looking at the 2.4/5 speed auto combo. I heard these newer 2.4's can be major oil burners. Also, there are hundreds of complaints on uncomfortable seats, and yes, my back was sore after being in it for 1.5 hours. My commute is short though so its not really a deal breaker for me. I noticed there was a slight whine while the engine revved also, in park neutral, drive etc...when the engine revved there was a slight whine. Normal? Share all your thoughts on this gen...including all problems / issues / and the UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS. Please, owners of this gen, shed your light upon me. Also, what would you pay for one in the 30-40K mile range...thanks!

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Originally Posted By: Leo99
Don't buy a car with uncomfortable seats.

+1
Yup. One of the reasons I sold my old Camry.

Plus this thing is 4-5 years old already, not much improvement over your current car.

Honestly guys the seats I can live with....other than that is there anything to look out for?

I have 2010 Exl 4cy with over 90k miles. No oil burning issue. I have ZERO issue with the car. The seats dont bother me. Super reliable car.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Don't buy a car with uncomfortable seats.

In the late 1990's I rent a Ford Tempo for few days, the seat was so bad that my back hurt when I drive it anywhere for more than 5 minutes. I tried to adjust every possible way but nothing help, I had to return it the next day to exchange for another car.

Avoid any car that you don't feel comfortable seating in it.

A 2011 Buick Lucerne has very nice comfortable seats.
smile.gif

x09bu_lu003.jpg

Buick_Lucerne_CXL_.jpg

As indicated in my signature, I have a 2012 LX-P.
In 75K, never had an issue other than normal wear an maintenance items. I have had no oil consumption on 7.5K intervals.
Seats could be better, but the power seat helps considerably with finding a good adjustment.
The 2.4 with either the 5 speed stick/auto is about as stout a combination as you will find in a Honda,IMO. I purposely bought a '12 to avoid the CVT and DI.
It has been a good car so far.

We have an Accord of this generation and we have been very happy with it.
We find the seats to be very comfortable if you adjust them carefully to find the position that works best for your body.
There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that some K24s over the years have exhibited high oil consumption, but I don't think that this is the norm.
I'll offer a parting thought:
Why would a 30-40K mile four or five year old car have needed the seats recovered and why would it be covered in nicks and scratches?
FWIU, you can dial the mileage back if you have the right software.
Just a thought.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
We have an Accord of this generation and we have been very happy with it.
We find the seats to be very comfortable if you adjust them carefully to find the position that works best for your body.
There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that some K24s over the years have exhibited high oil consumption, but I don't think that this is the norm.
I'll offer a parting thought:
Why would a 30-40K mile four or five year old car have needed the seats recovered and why would it be covered in nicks and scratches?
FWIU, you can dial the mileage back if you have the right software.
Just a thought.

That's what I'm thinking too. I would stay away from that one.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Honestly guys the seats I can live with....other than that is there anything to look out for?

it doesn't make sense that you would consider a car that gave you a sore back after 1.5 hours of sitting in it. go ahead and buy it, and around labor day, you'll start a thread asking how to treat a sore back.

suggestion for anyone looking for a used car -- google is your friend. punch up "problems with 2011 Honda accord".lots of sites/data, which will be much more objective than what you'll get here, and you won't get the inevitable brand bashing.as well, you won't hear comments about a '90's tempo, or seats in a buick.i'm surprised that noboby mentioned -- "have you thought about a crown vic" ? posts like this may be well intentioned, but are irrelevant to your question.

listen to what a few have stated about the seats -- stay away from this car.

good luck with your search, and have a good day.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12

That's what I'm thinking too. I would stay away from that one.

It's an EX trim, not an EX-L. It's possible the dealer or PO had it reupholstered shortly after the original purchase. Which brings me to my main point: I have seen widely variable quality from reupholstered car interiors. Lots of shortcuts, but sometimes very fine work exceeding OEM offerings. I would be VERY cautious to inspect the work thoroughly before buying or consult an expert. This may be why the seats were so uncomfortable during the test drive. The bolstering/padding is likely quite different between cloth and leather seating surfaces and may not have been changed.

BTW, does that Buick come with a cane and a hat? I'm sure it's a fine car but [censored].

Good cars. I have a 2009 K24Z2/5-speed manual with 86k.

I use about a half quart of oil over the duration of a 5k oil change. However, I do not drive the car easy. Mine sees 7k every day.

Very reliable, essentially very similar to your current Accord. No exhaust header on this engine. The head has an square port integrated header so your pre-cat/manifold bolts to the head with 4 bolts.

This generation goes through rear brakes 2x as the front. Some have had VTC actuator woes with these engines.

I don't think I'd say that the newer K24 engines are known to consume oil. I guess you can have that with any engine due to some sort of a material defect or problem, but I don't think they're known for it. Our 2008 CR-V never used any measureable amount of oil on the dipstick.

They fixed the premature rear brake pad wear on the mid-cycle refresh '11 and '12 models along with a change in the engine to get better efficiency over the '09 and '10. No oil issues with the '11 and '12 either.

I bought my '12 last October and have driven ~30k miles. Approaching 80k on the car. Boringly reliable and find the seats very comfortable...I only have the LX with manual adjustment. I'm a sales rep and drive from 100 to 350 miles in a day.

Fuelly Only $.074 cost per mile for me.

Why would a 2011 Accord have re-upholstered seats??

My 5 speed manual 2003 EX/180k miles leather seats are still in very good condition, and the car still runs like (almost) new.

I've maintained a 2011 Accord LX-P since new. It currently has 75k.

- consumes 1 quart every 7500 miles. 0w20 since new
- right/front axle seal replaced under warranty right before 60k
- one set of rear pads at about 55k
- one set of front pads and rotors recently due to pulsation (pads still had 5mm left)
- one set of tires
- needs either a p/s pump or new inlet tube o-ring, have not had a chance to diagnose.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

- needs either a p/s pump or new inlet tube o-ring, have not had a chance to diagnose.

As you probably know, the o-ring on the inlet side can go bad, allowing air in and either cavitating the pump or foaming the fluid. I'd start with a new o-ring...you'll want to replace it if you install a new pump anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back