snap ring plyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wear your goggles.

Usually if you can hook one of the eyes, pull it in a little, then you can jam a flat screwdriver down in the gap and work the thing out.

you could get some $50 pliers from snap on or $5 set from HF

OR if you have some skill you can remove snap rings as suggested by lifting one end out of the groove with something pointy and use a small strong screwdriver to walk the ring out of the groove in a circular fashion. Use safety glasses and your other had to keep it from springing off and shooting off into the abyss of lost hardware.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
working on my snapper mower need to change the rubber drive pulley.

how to get the hefty snap rings off? any good snap ring players I can buy?

If the cheap snap ring pliers from HF are no good, I would suggest channel lock snap ring pliers. I had an issue removing the snap ring for my Toyota Sienna's wheel bearing. The channel lock made the job easy.

http://www.amazon.com/Channellock-927-8-...+lock+snap+ring

Last edited:
Just a FYI...The one I linked is reversible, can be used on internal or external rings.

Sears just had those on sale last week for $14.99. Made in USA too. They seem to be a tool that Sears puts on sale several times a year.

-Valentine

Buy the best snap ring pliers that you can afford. Usually, I am the HF kind of guy but there is nothing more aggravating than cheap and lousy snap ring pliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back