prime guard jobber cut. impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one was outside for close to 3 years. It must have 8 or 10k miles use is my guess as my wife was driving it then and she never changes oil till I do it or tell her to get it done. Its off a 94 Yukon with over 300k so I tend to ignore it's maintenance for too long.
2n16ngo.jpg

It looks alot
xp0msk.jpg
like this except with a non silicone adbv.no prv as its for a gm. I was very impressed with the can thickness compared to the only other 2 filters I've cut (both Purolator's and were good too.) the media was strong and hard to push apart. Can had rust on the back side of the breast plate from 3 or so years out side on the ground but that's about it.
Its a jobber prime guard filter from some oil change place she took it 2. Seemed like a great filter for being a jobber.

You get kudos for putting the guts in the correct order in your photo.
wink.gif

Now that's the way to present an opened filter! Can't beat Wix! Even their off brand cheap-o filter comes out looking great.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
You get kudos for putting the guts in the correct order in your photo.
wink.gif

Thanks lol. I found the pic of the wix online and just arranged the prime guard likewise.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Now that's the way to present an opened filter! Can't beat Wix! Even their off brand cheap-o filter comes out looking great.

Yes sir, they make a great product

Looks really good!
There have been a number of cuts posted of lower-tier filters by various members showing that some of these oil filters can hold up really well.
I also want to commend you for having posted something original and useful, unlike some newer members who seem to spend their days searching the web and then regurgitating what they've read, uninformed by either real knowledge or experience.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Looks really good!
There have been a number of cuts posted of lower-tier filters by various members showing that some of these oil filters can hold up really well.
I also want to commend you for having posted something original and useful, unlike some newer members who seem to spend their days searching the web and then regurgitating what they've read, uninformed by either real knowledge or experience.

Why thank you sir for saying all that
smile.gif
thats really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back