Fram Ultras discontinued at my Walmart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They used to shrink wrap the Ultras it doesn't matter they still get stolen. Right now they are sealed with a piece of clear tape.

Saw some at Meijer the other day. The top of the Ultras box completely ripped off with an orange can inside. Saw a Mobil 1 box with a tough guard inside too.

Originally Posted By: stchman
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Probably discontinuing because they always get ripped off by clowns putting them in different boxes.

As sad as that sounds, I know of some clown that did just that. All to save $4.

The thing is, the store will press charges for theft just like you walked out of the store with it. Fram should look into shrink wrapping their Ultra filters.

As Memphis said, all the Ultras I've ever purchased have a clear round tamper resistant seal on the box top. On the bottom, the box is glued. If the filter was ever accessed prior to purchasing, it should be apparent, one would think, to the untrained eye.

Update: I was at my local Walmart today and my XG3593A is back in stock. It had been absent from the store shelf for at least a month. It's encouraging that inventory is still being replenished, at least at my location.

I rec'd my first shipment of FPS10060's from Ebay.

When you buy 6, they are $6.25 per filter delivered to your door.

Fram Ultra's in stock at my location. There were a few open slots on the shelf for specific models that were missing, but all 3 of the filters I needed were there and in decent quantities this week when I was over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back