Pennzoil fans? Here's the selection at my Autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my Ram with the 6.4L Hemi, they recommend Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-40.

From what I've seen and heard, Pennzoil doesn't seem to make the Ultra Platinum 0W-40 in the 5 quart jug.

And if you can get it at your local Walmart ( which I haven't seen ) they are only about 57 cents cheaper then Autozone on the 0W-40.

So if you go out of your way to a Walmart ( which probably doesn't have it anyway ) it is worth the $4.00 difference running all around.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-Ultra-Platinum-0W-40-Motor-Oil-1-qt/44981487

Last edited:
there is an AZ located about 20 mins from my house, there are 2 closer but that one has the same sort of selections. I cant wait till there is a $1 qt sale im gonna wipe them of all there Penz Ultra Plat in 5w20.

Originally Posted By: Joenpb
I got 6 quarts of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum shipped to my door for $49 on Amazon. Just a fyi.

Amazon has a $10 coupon for a case of 6 quarts and you can save 15% by using subscribe and save (can cancel after first shipment). So my total for 6 quarts delivered was $48.00 less $7.20 15% S&S discount less $10 coupon = $30.80 plus tax. That is $5.13/quart.

PS. Plus save an extra 5% using the Amazon store card, so final cost = $29.26 plus tax ($4.88 per quart).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JMCCGDQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dothedrew1202
there is an AZ located about 20 mins from my house, there are 2 closer but that one has the same sort of selections. I cant wait till there is a $1 qt sale im gonna wipe them of all there Penz Ultra Plat in 5w20.

Stupid question but how do you guys know when there are crazy sales like that? Do you literally call or go to an AZ every day to check? lol I do not want to miss an opportunity like that..

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I wonder how they sell any at the $8:99 and $9.49 prices. I know some people don't care for wal mart and i get that, but to pay double when a 5 quart jug is $25-$27? How do they sell any at those prices?

My guess is for situations like myself.. My Escape takes 5.7qts so buy the jug and then buy a single quart at a ridiculous price. I know I could probably just buy 2 5qt jugs and slowly just use it down but I just don't really like doing that.

But those are some high prices, for sure.

Originally Posted By: jdavis
Originally Posted By: dothedrew1202

Stupid question but how do you guys know when there are crazy sales like that? Do you literally call or go to an AZ every day to check? lol I do not want to miss an opportunity like that..

I usually hear about it here. It seems though that some employees buy it too, so not always is it available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back