Euro formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: stchman

0W-40, 0W-30, 5W-40, or 5W-30 are all approved viscosities for BMW engines.

As long as they carry the LL-01 designation, which means an HTHS of >=3.5cP, which doesn't apply to many 0w-30's and 5w-30's on the market.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Many folks that own BMWs use Mobil 1 5W-30 in their cars and just change the oil out a little more frequently.

Which just reeks of ignorance since the cars spec an oil with a much higher HTHS, not just a longer drain capability. The Euro oils also have higher levels of AW additives.

I am not a BMW expert, will a BMW engine last longer with Euro oil(5W-40) changed at 15K than Mobil 1 5W-30 changed at 7500? I say no, but if yes, is there any kind of proof?

Yes, BMW will last longer!

Last edited:
Where's the proof ??
smile.gif

28.gif

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Many folks that own BMWs use Mobil 1 5W-30 in their cars and just change the oil out a little more frequently.

Which just reeks of ignorance since the cars spec an oil with a much higher HTHS, not just a longer drain capability. The Euro oils also have higher levels of AW additives.

I am not a BMW expert, will a BMW engine last longer with Euro oil(5W-40) changed at 15K than Mobil 1 5W-30 changed at 7500? I say no, but if yes, is there any kind of proof?

Yes, BMW will last longer!

Proof?

Contrary to BMW's "Ultimate Driving Machine" advertisements, the overwhelming majority of BMWs sold are not taken out on the track and driven to their limit, they are grocery getters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back