this song's been rattling around in my head

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had in the news that Lynn Anderson passed away. I didn’t instantly recognized her, but did recognize her hit song.

Do you remember this song:

It took me back, sitting eating breakfast with my parents before school, the radio would be playing the local station...

Oh yea.... I remember that one, but haven't heard it in decades.

Thanks for the throwback!

The United States Marine Corps used a picture in print ads.
It featured a drill sergeant airing out a recruit face to face.
The caption read:
"We never promised you a rose garden"

I do remember indeed!
We not only heard this song on the Country/Western radio stations, we also heard it on the local TOP 40 or 100 stations as well.

I knew I shouldn't have looked at this thread.

Now there's a loop playing in my head:
"I beg your pardon.
I never promised you a rose garden.
And with the sunshine,
There's got to be a little rain sometime."

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Awful song...a crime against humanity on the same level as "Tiptoe Through the Tulips."

Nahh. It's a rung higher. "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" was meant as a joke all along.

There's a reason we left the 70's behind. The ostrich feathers are a nice touch.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Awful song...a crime against humanity on the same level as "Tiptoe Through the Tulips."

I agree, a one hit wonder for a singer with a narrow voice range. . . .

On the contrary,k Lynn Anderson charted singles, and issued popular albums, for many years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Anderson_discography "Rose Garden" was just her biggest hit, and her signature song.

I recall a radio interview with her where she admitted she preferred up-tempo songs, because she had a little bit of a speech impediment, and the faster songs were easier for her to sing.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Sammy Davis Jr.......Candyman...you're welcome!

Great song...written for Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. Sammy Davis hated the song...but it was far and away his biggest hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back