Piece found- Missing MH370 Malaysian 777

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the best recap on the loss of MH370 that I have found to date:
MH 370 accident recap

I strongly suspect that this is a composite flaperon from the missing Malaysia Air 777 jet. The painted part number seen inside the assembly seems consistent with Boeing process information although the actual data plate was missing from the recovered piece, at least in the photos that I saw. It looks very much like a pristine flaperon removed from a Boeing 777 jet in a parts depot that I saw on CNN.

I believe that a piece of luggage was also found near this recovered part that may further point to a connection to MH370.

Oceanographic experts may be able to trace the recovered "flotsam" found at Reunion back along the known gyre track to the vanished jets possible location. At the intersection of the CCW gyre track and the Inmarsat ping lines might lie the possible wreckage arc...I suspect the newly derived arc location may not be too different from the current projections.

Just my .02

BBC sources report another piece of suspected aircraft wreckage, perhaps an aircraft door, has been found in the far north region of Reunion Island near St Denis. Some reports state that both Malaysian and Chinese writing/markings appear on the door.
More suspected aircraft debris found at Reunion

If confirmed to be another possible piece of MH370, I expect a coordinated air/sea/satellite search for more oceanic debris to occur near Reunion Island very soon as teams work "backward" along the CCW Indian Ocean gyre tracks.

How difficult this must be for the families of the passengers and crew lost on MH370, if the wing structure and door assembly are formally determined to be from the lost B-777.

After nearly 18 months, I am still at a loss to explain the possible cause of this accident: 1. It is beyond difficult to believe a fellow crew member would intentionally down the jetliner with its 239 pax and crew, although historical precedence exists 2. a catastrophic and disabling lithium battery fire in the cargo hold, which has occurred to a Boeing 747-400 freighter, probably would have been briefly reported by the crew or 3. a cockpit takeover by intruders, while possible, doesn't make sense as no major ground targets were destroyed and no group took responsibility for the downing.

Certainly one of the great aviation mysteries of the modern era...

More info from two of Australia's major newspapers: the Brisbane Times and the Sydney Morning Herald:
Search for MH370 and

More debris washes up in Reunion

There are reports that debris has been spotted in this area since May and may have been destroyed by locals cleaning rubbish off of the beaches. If true, I suspect that more intensive searches along the coastal waters/beaches of Reunion and Mauritius to the NE will likely be undertaken.

The stencil numbers match the illustration parts manual but I'm hoping the flaperon carries an part Identification plate to better home in the origin...

159774_800.jpg

Last edited:
Conjecture.

Conjecture that is a year old, postulated years after the airplane disappeared.

No one shred of evidence to support it.

Nothing has changed.

We still don't know.

Agree. Still in the dark with barely a birthday candle to light the way.

The whole thing is helped even less by accusations that one man is continually taking parts pillaged from the MH17 crash and dropping them into the water around Reunion Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back