Swifty gas station has just got a facelift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Local Swifty's gas station, was still operating with the old signage... I guess it was for sale for over a year, but kept operating with the cheapest prices in town!

I had NO IDEAL that the President of the company passed away and are selling/ closing stores!

Now instead of Yellow with red letters, the new signage is white with blue letters, they are called "Nifty Swifty"

swifty-robbery.jpg

photo.jpg

Still has a full service Island, and attendants outside. Doing what they always have done.

Last edited:
Do they sell Top Tier gas?

(Just kidding...)

I've seen many of those stations in my travels on the Goldwing, but I've never been brave enough to buy any gas at one.

Buying gas from Casey's is about as brave as I get.

they've closed most of them, the one nearest me went last sept. i honestly didn't know any were still going.

the guy that owned the company passed, and his heirs had no desire to own/operate a gas company.

there was a time, when they regularly had the lowest price in town, and on a few occasions the one near me would have a line more than a kilometer long (~4000feet/1.2km) - through at least 2 stoplights...

Swifty is gone in Mount Carmel, IL. I returned for a visit last week, and found the station had been recently remodeled, and is now Conoco. No nostalgia, blender pumps, and just a place to gas up and get a handy six at the C store. The old one was cool, just like what was pictured, and still had full service outside as mentioned.

Last edited:
They closed all of them here in greater Cincinnati, a few of them have been sold & are having little convenience stores built next to them, they haven't reopened yet, though.

They are gone here too (north of Columbus.)
We had 2 locally: one is operating as a no-name (simply took all Swifty references down or painted over) and the other is going by the name of "Sweety Gas." At least one of the two is buying fuel from Certified.
Guess I'm not really torn up that they are gone because the only time that I ever had a fuel problem it was the result of my wife repeatedly buying fuel from Swifty, which clogged the injectors on the car.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Small, regional gas stations are cool.

I always liked "Terrible Herbst" in Nevada.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back