Fuel Filter recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
1982 Kawasaki KZ550

I have been using generic sintered bronze 1/4 fuel filters for years. My current one has let me down. Two carb bowls were full of garbage and two emulsifier tubes were nearly clogged.

Any recommendations for an affordable fuel filter? I have been recommended a 10 micron mesh style filter at ron ayers but $53 for a filter is beyond my budget.

Wix Gold, I would like to know how that happens, I to have experienced [censored] in the carb, had TWO filters, and that [censored] got through!!

Fuel filters should plug up before passing contaminates!!

Originally Posted By: THE_TROTS
Originally Posted By: EdwardC
I use this on my gravity fed GS500: http://www.amazon.com/Stens-Replaces-AM1...rds=fuel+filter

Nothing special, but it works for me.

I am surprised that works well for you. In my experience the paper ones stop flowing if used with ethanol laced fuel.

It does claim that it's ok for more than 10% ethanol. After 2 years, it's still flowing well and as far as I can tell, hasn't really trapped any contaminants. Being clear is useful for diagnosing fueling issues too.

It is a good point that you really shouldn't have any gunk making it through the filter, where is your filter located? Maybe the hoses are disintegrating?

The Screen in the petcock works fine on my 96 GPZ. Make sure the filter is for gravity feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back