Not all Police are out of control and racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not all of them are, it's just the vast majority.

Also the ones that aren't inherently bad by directly abusing their power will always do things like be able to get out of a speeding or assault charge just by being a cop.

Like car mechanics, Doctors, etc some deserve to be honored some put in prison. It is nice to see the positive the police do as it would be a worst place to live in with out the great ones.

I saw a video a while back where a police officer rescued a man in a burning car. The police officer risked his own life saving that man.

Most police officers are just trying to do their jobs. Sure, there are corrupt and bad police but the bad ones will get weeded out unless an entire police department or bureau was corrupt. The good cops don't want to get in trouble and will report the bad cops who are completely out of line.

The same is true for anybody else. How long would a corrupt, incompetent mechanic last? How long would a corrupt, incompetent electrician last? People who are corrupt or incompetent usually eventually pay for their misdeeds.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: horse123

Also the ones that aren't inherently bad by directly abusing their power will always do things like be able to get out of a speeding or assault charge just by being a cop.

crackmeup2.gif

It didn't take long. 1st response just 5 minutes after posting the initial starting post of the thread and we have someone saying the vast majority of LEO's are bad. Wow.

This place is a freaking riot at times.

Last edited:
No, not all LEOs are bad. Most are good people. The issue is that they don't weed out the bad ones and worse protect the bad ones when something goes down.

People don't riot and protest due a bad cop's actions, it's due to the coverup.

As for the story, the officer treated the lady like a person and with compassion.

Originally Posted By: Leo99

This is going OT but I want to respond to this. What you say may be true AT TIMES but there have been many instances where people riot when the Police were 100% in the right.

There is a large ethnic/racial segment of our population that thinks the Police are wrong in every single instance when one of their folks is involved and they will riot and go on the rampage over it. It is always the Police at fault in their view and it is never that the person actually broke the law.

It doesn't take a coverup for some to riot and go berserk. All it takes is one of their own being involved and automatically the Police are wrong, the race baiters show up, and trouble starts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mystic

The same is true for anybody else. How long would a corrupt, incompetent mechanic last? How long would a corrupt, incompetent electrician last? People who are corrupt or incompetent usually eventually pay for their misdeeds.

A very very long time if a system is institutionally corrupt or biased.
You're living in karma feel-good land if you think the corrupt or incompetant will eventually and usually pay for their misdeeds.

I think reality is far skewed the other way where "usually" they do not their comeuppance. Usually the same thing happens over and over again instead.

Last edited:
Far, far more young black men are killed by other young black men than by LEO's but we don't hear about that because it doesn't suit the AGENDA....

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: Leo99

This is going OT but I want to respond to this. What you say may be true AT TIMES but there have been many instances where people riot when the Police were 100% in the right.

There is a large ethnic/racial segment of our population that thinks the Police are wrong in every single instance when one of their folks is involved and they will riot and go on the rampage over it. It is always the Police at fault in their view and it is never that the person actually broke the law.

It doesn't take a coverup for some to riot and go berserk. All it takes is one of their own being involved and automatically the Police are wrong, the race baiters show up, and trouble starts.

thumbsup2.gif

Yeah I'm sorry but I that horse cat doesn't or hasn't gotten to know many police officers. I had the opportunity to get to know a great number of my local police department and state police. And like 90% if them were really great guys and ladies. And the local department was large in size.
Yes 10% to 20% of people in ANY job act like complete fools. I've seen this in my own profession. People who act like "repect my authori", irritate me too. I've seen this done in my profession to a point where it was stupid.
Yes there are cover ups and yes there are bad apples. It is a situation by situation basis. That needs to be looked into upon that basis. The LAPD had a bad rap in the 80s into the 90s. Which has been turned around to an extent. How far to the good I don't honestly know. But certainly better than it was leading up to the Rodney King case.

It didn't take long. 1st response just 5 minutes after posting the initial starting post of the thread and we have someone saying the vast majority of LEO's are bad. Wow.

Yea really. I think its also freakin ignorant.

Originally Posted By: raytseng
A very very long time if a system is institutionally corrupt or biased.
You're living in karma feel-good land if you think the corrupt or incompetant will eventually and usually pay for their misdeeds.

I think reality is far skewed the other way where "usually" they do not their comeuppance. Usually the same thing happens over and over again instead.

But surely if you click your heels three times and just say it should be different, the world would magically change, wouldn't it?

If the media says the police are bad then it must be true. The media would not mislead us, would they? Just for air time? Try to make something out of nothing? Employ agitators to stir up a story? Tell me it isn't so.

crackmeup2.gif

And the only reason you made this post is to encourage people to argue with you. There's no other reason you would have posted this other than baiting.

This comment only shows the author's ignorance. Naturally there are bad apple law enforcement officers, just like in any other occupation or profession. It's the trendy thing now to highlight their misdeeds. How are things in Baltimore's inner city since police patrols have been reduced? The murder rate is skyrocketing.

Criticize them all you want, but a large percent percent of you wouldn't last one week dealing with the utter [censored] and nonsense. I would love to see how fast one of you cop haters would pull the trigger on a car full of people reachung all over. .

Not all Police are out of control and racist

Agreed.

Sometimes they help people in need, sometimes they just attack. I remember this story where they came up on a guy in diabetic shock, beat him and then laughed about it. The hysterical laughing comes in at 3:15.

You can do a search for it. Henderson, NV police beat a man in diabetic shock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back