Win 10 boot time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put Win 10 on my old OptiPlex 745 and it took about 3 minutes to boot. Now, it has been booting in one minute. Does Win 10 have a learning ability? Maybe it doesn't load programs that aren't used often?

The first couple of boot times it was probably still configuring itself and installing updates, so that's why it took longer.

The EULA has changed, basically letting M.S. do anything they want.

Microsoft decided in it's infinite wisdom that collecting your data is on by default... including sharing your wifi credentials with your contact list.

By default, these options should all be OPT-IN, and the user should be one deciding what data gets shared. Targeted ads says enough, even when those things are turned off, they still show target ads, that is spying. no matter how you spin it. and if they're going that far for just advertising, its a nice cloud to cover what they're actually collecting on each user.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
The EULA has changed, basically letting M.S. do anything they want.

Yup, one of the reasons I haven't installed it. At first, this push for 'free' got me suspicious a bit. Then I learned they reserve more rights than they used to. Like kill it remotely after EOL date cut-off, share your contact list info, etc.

I am all for tech advancements, but I'd rather give my money for them, not my life.
Luckily, we still have alternatives.

10 speeded everything up for me. I have nothing to hide and not doing anything dubious, so I am not concerned about win 10. It's easy to opt out of the things they ask, none of which are going to harm me even if I didn't opt out, which I did. Google is very intrusive, as are most, including facebook.
Actually I want the safety of catching those who are out there being dubious, so have at it internet. It's good, look at all the truth coming out due to cell phone cameras. Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back